Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red Sox Sign Bartolo Colon

MLB ERA

Re: Red Sox Sign Bartolo Colon

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    I love the fact that you have nothing to comment on the news topic, as usual.
    The irony with this post is also great.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Good signing by the Sox. I'm surprised that Colon didn't go somewhere were he would be able to pitch more, but maybe no one gave him that offer.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    The irony with this post is also great.
    How is it ironic? I actually offered my feeling (snide remark or not) about the signing of Colon.

MLB ERA

How is it ironic? I actually offered my feeling (snide remark or not) about the signing of Colon.
    It's ironic because you accused me of always doing something that you frequently do both here and next door.

But if you want my opinion on this signing, it's a MLC, it's never a bad thing to have added insurance on the roster with pitching.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    It's ironic because half the shit you add to threads, both here and next door, adds no real value to the thread topics.
    It seems like that to you because the only shit that I post that set off bells in your head are those whenever I'm dissing your boys.

MLB ERA

It seems like that to you because the only shit that I post that set off bells in your head are those whenever I'm dissing your boys.
    I can essentially say the same thing to you, only replace "those whenever I'm dissing your boys." with "...those whenever I'm responding to your shitty logic and blatant trolling"

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And your need to respond to my "shitty logic and blatant trolling" only applies to whenever you feel that I'm dissing your boys undeservedly.

Sorry to have disappointed you amidst my "shitty logic and blatant trolling" on the Marlins new stadium, the O's new closer, Troy Tulowitzki, Porter blaming Myles Brand for Kelvin Sampson, Steven Shell, etc.

I like this signing, as long as we don't expect too much from him. Low cost, high possible dividends. I see Colon as more an insurance policy for an injury to Wakefield though than to replace Schilling. I'm confident that Lester or Bucholz will step in to fill in for Schilling. I'm also confident that Wakefield will go down for a month or so at some point this season, let's face it he's not a kid anymore and it's pretty much an every year thing. If any of our current pitchers have to start the season on the DL, Colon could step in fill that spot if he is effective.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Good move if he can get some run support, I think he will be decent

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I think he will be decent as well, but I really don't see the fit. Definitely understand the low risk signing, but the Red Sox have one of the more formidable rotations even without Schilling. Both young studs with Cy Young potential and even younger studs coming up. Maybe he battles Wakefield? I guess its worth the shot. But I think the rotation looks like this right now,right?

Beckett
    Matsuzaka
    Wakefield
    Bucholz
    Lester

Competition is the name of the game though. But Colon and his 80 mph junk just doesn't fit the picture in Boston IMO.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

I just hope he doesn"t turn out to be as bad as Gagne was for the Sox. I don"t think he could be but you never know. I just hope he gives the Sox a little something, even that will be better than Gagne gave the team

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Honestly, I think you guys should hope he doesn't give anything if it is not something nobody on earth expects. Which is about where he would have to be to make the team in the first place.

I just see it as a waste of money. Even though he came cheap

AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    I think he will be decent as well, but I really don't see the fit. Definitely understand the low risk signing, but the Red Sox have one of the more formidable rotations even without Schilling. Both young studs with Cy Young potential and even younger studs coming up. Maybe he battles Wakefield? I guess its worth the shot. But I think the rotation looks like this right now,right?

Beckett
    Matsuzaka
    Wakefield
    Bucholz
    Lester

Competition is the name of the game though. But Colon and his 80 mph junk just doesn't fit the picture in Boston IMO.
    I agree with you considering all factors involved. Although, Schilling could be out for a considerable amount of time and Wakefield's injuries in the past have been well noted. So I think Colon was signed as an insurance policy for both Wakefield AND Schilling.

Not to mention unless he wows people in the near future, he will have ample time to try and recover what he lost, if thats possible, being we won't be dependent of him. And considering its a MLC, I have absolutely no issue with this.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12