Thread: Manny the Maniac

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Manny the Maniac

According to ESPN's Peter Gammons, Manny Ramirez rented a house in the Phoenix area and has become a "maniacal workout warrior" at the Athletes' Performance Institute.

"From what I've heard from people at API, Manny is getting himself into phenomenal shape," Gammons wrote. Ramirez has additional incentive to put up a big year as he enters the final guaranteed season of his eight-year, $160 million contract. The Red Sox hold $20 million options on him for 2009 and 2010.
    It's a bout damn time! Leave it up to him to wait for a contract year to get in shape. Maybe it was the fact that his production dipped way past his normal production last season, a season where he hit only 20 HRs and 88 RBI. He is also working very hard on cutting balls off from the CFer. It is good to see Manny actually taking things seriously over the offseason instead of crying and maybe he will look a lot less like Predator.

Banned
    Rookie ERA

Red Sox Re: Manny the Maniac

now that that's taken care of, someone get ortiz to run faster

MLB ERA

Re: Manny the Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by nrvanagrl View Post
    now that that's taken care of, someone get ortiz to run faster
    He will need to lose weight for that to happen.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Manny the Maniac

That's asking for a miracle Welcome to the forum!