Thread: Mike Lamb?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Mike Lamb?

Buster Olney:

The Red Sox, looking for a left-handed hitting corner infielder who can back up first baseman Kevin Youkilis and third baseman Mike Lowell, have expressed serious interest in free agent Mike Lamb. In 124 games last season, Lamb hit .289, with 11 homers and 40 RBIs, and an on-base percentage of .366. Lamb, 32, is drawing interest from other teams, and may have to make a choice between having a chance to play regularly for another team, or be a part-time player with Boston.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Mike Lamb?

Would be a great signing for them. He's not a great hitter but would be an extremely quality backup and would give them a real nice LH bat off the bench.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I agree, this could be a nice touch after losing Pena. And as you said, he is a pretty good lefty bat off the bench.

I'm all for it!!!!!! He'd replace Hinske.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Red Sox are said to be interested in Mike Lamb as a bench bat, but the Boston Globe reports that he's "out of their price range and probably will sign somewhere else as an everyday player."
    Lamb hit .289/.366/.453 in 2007 and .307/.361/.475 in 2006, seemingly making him an attractive mid-level option at first or third base for teams like the Twins and Rangers.
    Bench guys are a dime a dozen.