Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st time since 1995

Red Sox 1st time since 1995

The Red Sox has won the AL East. Congrats Red Sox!

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 1st time since 1995

Did you know that the Red Sox don't have a 100-win season since 1946? Streak continues.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

congrats.

MLB ERA

Congrats to the Sox.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Congrat, I am so happy that you guys ended the Yankes divison streak.

Wow Red Sox have to thank Orioles. More then an hour after the Red Sox game ended.

Congrats are in order. You guys had the most complete team in the game this year until overwork wore some of your key guys down. Hopefully for you guys they are ready for the playoffs. Still think you'll be one and done?

MLB ERA

Congrats, this actually isn't that bad because I would much rather face Cleveland then LAA.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

AAA ERA

Congrats on earning the div title.

Quote Originally Posted by Veovis View Post
    Congrats are in order. You guys had the most complete team in the game this year until overwork wore some of your key guys down. Hopefully for you guys they are ready for the playoffs. Still think you'll be one and done?

I still see us out after the first round. I am a little more optimistic than I was, J.D. Drew is finally starting to hit and that is going to be huge if he continues. I look for Cleveland in the World Series to be honest.

On a side note, I wouldn't have minded this race going another day before the Sox won. I was loving the fact that Torre was using 4 or more pitchers just about everygame. I think their bullpen has started running out of gas, much like the other NY team. I would have liked them to have to keep competing a little longer. Now Torre can give some arms a little rest.

I'm suprised that you guys want Cleveland. I know the Yankees have a bad history against the Angels and they owned Cleveland this year, but I really thing Clevand is the better team. I wouldn't want to face Carmona and Sabathia in a short series.

I think Cleveland is better too, but I don't blame the Yankees for one second for not wanting LAA. They've had huge issues in the past
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Lance324 View Post
    I still see us out after the first round. I am a little more optimistic than I was, J.D. Drew is finally starting to hit and that is going to be huge if he continues. I look for Cleveland in the World Series to be honest.

On a side note, I wouldn't have minded this race going another day before the Sox won. I was loving the fact that Torre was using 4 or more pitchers just about everygame. I think their bullpen has started running out of gas, much like the other NY team. I would have liked them to have to keep competing a little longer. Now Torre can give some arms a little rest.

I'm suprised that you guys want Cleveland. I know the Yankees have a bad history against the Angels and they owned Cleveland this year, but I really thing Clevand is the better team. I wouldn't want to face Carmona and Sabathia in a short series.
    Torre was using alot of pitchers but not alot of postseason pitchers. After they clinched the WC they took the gas off the pedal. e blew that thurs Night game using pitcher after pitcher who won't pitch in a big spot.

I think Cleveland is better too, but I don't blame the Yankees for one second for not wanting LAA. They've had huge issues in the past
    We have also won 8 straight against Cle. i know Cle is alot better now than when we faced them but couple that w/ our poor record against LAA and it's easy to see why we'd want Cle.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by 777rak View Post
    Congrat, I am so happy that you guys ended the Yankes divison streak.
    Same here. No one can touch the Braves 14 consecutive streak.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Quote Originally Posted by DravenX View Post
    Same here. No one can touch the Braves 14 consecutive streak.
    And how many World Series did they win over that period of time???? Sorry, but I'd take 4 World Series rings and 9 division titles over 14 division titles and one World Series ring. Hell, I'd take 2 World Series rings and no division titles over 14 division titles and 1 Ring. You are probably right, no one can compete with those 14 consecutive division titles to only CHOKE in the playoffs, I doubt any team wants that label put on them. Just like the Buffalo Bills, 4 straight Super Bowl losses. At least the Bills can say they made it to the title game 4 straight times. The Braves only made it to the title game 4 times out of their 14 division titles. Furthermore, for many of those years the NL East was one of the weakest divisions in baseball. The Yankees 9 straight against the AL East is far more impressive, IMO. Not many times you'd hear me stick up for the Yankees, but this is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    We have also won 8 straight against Cle. i know Cle is alot better now than when we faced them but couple that w/ our poor record against LAA and it's easy to see why we'd want Cle.

I don't think they even face C.C. this year did they???? You're going to face him twice in these series unless it's a sweep or an injury occurs. I'm certainly happy the Red Sox got Anaheim in the first round as opposed to Cleveland, I don't like the way we match up against them in a 5 game series at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance324 View Post
    And how many World Series did they win over that period of time???? Sorry, but I'd take 4 World Series rings and 9 division titles over 14 division titles and one World Series ring. Hell, I'd take 2 World Series rings and no division titles over 14 division titles and 1 Ring. You are probably right, no one can compete with those 14 consecutive division titles to only CHOKE in the playoffs, I doubt any team wants that label put on them. Just like the Buffalo Bills, 4 straight Super Bowl losses. At least the Bills can say they made it to the title game 4 straight times. The Braves only made it to the title game 4 times out of their 14 division titles. Furthermore, for many of those years the NL East was one of the weakest divisions in baseball. The Yankees 9 straight against the AL East is far more impressive, IMO. Not many times you'd hear me stick up for the Yankees, but this is one of them.
    We whooped the Braves in 1999.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast