Thread: Is Francona An Idiot?

MLB ERA

Is Francona An Idiot?

Tell me why would Terry Francona leave Eric Gagne in last night and not bring in Papelbon? Gagne was just lucky that Zaun got thrown out at home or else the Jays would have kept pounding on Eric. I personally loved the move that he left Gagne in but why in the world wouldn't he make that change? Papelbon was warmed up and ready to go and Gagne was obviously struggling and he still kept him in the game...If the Sox don't win the World Series this year do you think he will be done managing the Red Sox? Hey thanks for trading for him though Sox you are really helping us win the divison!
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Re: Is Francona An Idiot?

Francona is an idiot. Why are they still pitching Gagne?

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Is Francona An Idiot?

They are still pitching based on his past reputation and plus they dont want to look bad cause they traded for him and gave up some very promising propspects. It all goes back to a little ol' thing called ego. That is, of course, my opinion on the topic.

MLB ERA

Well they aren't doing very good with that "looking bad" thing because pitching Gagne makes them look bad.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

I haven't added my .02 in this forum in a long time, but I can't resist this one. I'm one Sox fan that feel's Francona has become too comfortable. I've seen several questionable moves in recent weeks. How about leaving a obviously "out of gas" Schilling in to pitch to Jeter with 1st base open? Abreu on deck, Javier Lopez already warmed up, 2 out c'mon!!! Then there's the Gagne move you guys are talking about. Ok, so maybe Gagne needs confidence, bring him in, but when he's not getting the job done and you have Papelbon warmed up, it's a no brainer. Now I read over on ESPN.com that Francona basically feels winning the division is no big deal, they need to just make the playoffs. Evidently he hasn't looked at the Yankees just over
    .500 win pct. on the road. Apparently he doesn't feel home field is a big deal. I don't think it will happen, but if the Sox don't make it to the World Series, Francona should be out. I will add, that I don't see them making it to the World Series, I see Anaheim or Cleveland beating them in the first round after they tie the Yankees for the division and the Yankees of course have the tie breaker, making the Red Sox the wild card.

MLB ERA

Good post Lance324...stay on the board man we could definetly use you.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM