Thread: Clay Buchholz

Product of the Boombap
    Rookie ERA

Clay Buchholz

With Buchholz most likely getting a start this weekend, just thought I'd show him some love:

Big League Debut

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Clay Buchholz

Oh man, I didn't realize he was called up. Nice stuff .406. I really like your blog.

I think Bucholz is a bigger prospect than Ellsbury. Ellsbury is an exciting leadoff type hitter, and having Pedroia to accompany that type of young talent on the offensive side is nothing short of good signs pointing to the future.

Having said that, Bucholz isno slouch in the future department. This guy is a future ace and should replace vets like Schilling nicely. Bucholz has proven he can handle a long season as his arm has learned to play a 142 game season. He was recruited to play SS in college, but made strides on the mound that particularly payed off. Those strides alloted to his 5-pitch arsenal. As explained in your blog, Bucholz has ace written all over him.

The Sox surely have a bright future ahead of them.

Awesome. I can't wait to see how he does. I imagine he and Phil Hughes will be compared an awful lot throughout their careers... well... as long as they are successful. They are very similar pitchers.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hopefully, Bucholz can stabilize that rotation. They have to have to improve there if they want to hold of the Yanks.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Nice quality start by Buchholz to start his career.

6 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 5 K

Oh yeah, and a win.

Product of the Boombap
    Rookie ERA

Really like what I saw today. My thoughts on Buchholz