Thread: David Wells could be back by Wednesday

David Wells could be back by Wednesday

It hasn't been officially announced, but David Wells (foot) will likely return from the disabled list to start for the Red Sox tomorrow.
    ''Just not ready to announce it officially yet,'' manager Terry Francona said. ''He's getting on schedule. It seems silly to say something, if he pulls a groin. And we have guys who have to be moved around.'' If Wells comes back tomorrow it would be a remarkable recovery -- he went on the DL just three weeks ago.

That's a pretty stunning recovery in terms of speed...and I hope he can pick up where he left off with his last two starts.

On another note, Dustin Pedroia is raking in AA, and although he looked completely goofy in ST being so darn scrawny, I wouldn't be shocked to see him come up if we have more MI injuries, sort of like Cano.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    looks like he should have stayed on the DL...1.1 innings pitched, 9 hits, 7 earned, 1 homer, no bb, no k's...

Ouch!

Yeah, as you said on the other forum (or someone did), he's been hit or miss. And he was a bit hit today...well, the A's got a lot of big hits at least...

AA ERA
    Wells can't be winning anyone from the Red Sox Nation with the way he has pitched and all.

Rookie ERA
    Wells is realy disappointing me. I knew he would aggravate me through the season, but it's getting out of hand here.

I'm hoping he can find that groove he had in his last two starts before going on the DL, if he goes, he's great. If not...well...at least we have 6 rotation quality pitchers and Wells is on an incentive contract.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

That groove was found in the 2nd inning. If he pitched like THAT more often, well, the Sox have a decision to make when Schilling comes back.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AA ERA
    This was a great start. Now let's see if Wells can duplicate that.

Rookie ERA
    I was pissed in the 1st inning, but he came around. Maybe the number change was the thing that did it.