Thread: Ortiz Likely Needs Offseason Surgery

MLB ERA

Red Sox Ortiz Likely Needs Offseason Surgery

Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    According to the Boston Herald, David Ortiz will likely need offseason knee surgery.
    Ortiz is scheduled to undergo an MRI when he returns to Boston following the All-Star game and believes his right knee soreness is also behind ongoing quadriceps and hamstring problems. Ortiz said Tuesday that he likely hurt the knee last season while taking batting practice at Yankee Stadium, as his cleat got caught in the netting of the batting cage. "I think it's something they'll have to go in and fix at the end of the season," Ortiz said. "I'm trying to fight through it, but some days it isn't easy."
    If he will need surgery, will he be ready for Spring Training or the Regular Season? How long does it take to recover from knee surgery?
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Re: Ortiz Likely Needs Offseason Surgery

That would suck for him.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

gotta love him for the fact that hes played through it for a full season already, and will play through it another half season.

Honestly, David Ortiz could retire today and he'd still be one of my favorite Red Sox ever.

With that said, I love him for sticking this out in a season where the Sox actually have a shot to do something (even if I think they're only the third best team in the AL right now)
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA

Its great to see players play through injuries but it won't be great if the players get hurt worse because of it.

I don't think I've seen it happen but I'm sure it's possible.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DravenX View Post
    If he will need surgery, will he be ready for Spring Training or the Regular Season? How long does it take to recover from knee surgery?
    Depends on who you are and what they are doing. It took Bonds forever to recover. Sorry, but I can't give a guy credit for toughing it out who only plays half the time. Plenty of other guys who played full time stuck it out and not a word was spoken of it.