Thread: Interleague Play

Interleague Play

Obviously, the Sox aren't doing as well as last year. They went 14-1 last year, so no one could really expect that. And the Yankees are on fire right now. But overall, I've been happy with Interleague so far. Maybe Drew has finally woken up and will start hitting like we know he can. He had a great series (well, two games and a day off) in Colorado and he looks like he can go.

Francona did something very unexpected and dropped Lugo to 9th in the order, and he has looked more comfortable down there. Maybe it's less pressure, maybe it's the NL, but he's looking relaxed and ready to go.

The Yankees are charging like we knew they would, just stay strong.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Interleague Play

I'm assuming you've listened to the Bill Simmons podcast...perhaps the "Are you worried yet?" segment won't last much longer haha
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AAA ERA

It's good to see Boston lose a few IL games unlike a year ago.

Product of the Boombap
    Rookie ERA

I hate interleague play and can't wait for Selig to go ahead and get rid of it... if he ever sacks up and does it.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

a little belated, but welcome to the forums .406! Fishercat always enjoy new Sox fans to the boards. Enjoy your stay.

Why would you hate interleague play? You get to see your team play all those teams they don't usually play... all the stars from the other league and guys that youd pretty much know nothing about otherwise

MLB ERA

oops, welcome SteveNYY, too. I hope you enjoy your stay as well.

I don't mind interleague play. I know the schedules aren't always fair, but they usually aren't without it anyway as there is a greater focus on teams in your own division. I've seen a bunch of interleague games and I enjoy seeing teams I otherwise might not get to see. I'll be heading to Shea Stadium to see the A's on Sunday actually. I've seen the A's many times at Fenway, but I've never been to Shea. My father and I went to Yankee Stadium last year.

Schedules aren't fair? If you saw the Brewers on your team's schedule at the beginning of the year for interleague play, you prolly would have salivated. If you saw the Cards on your team's schedule, you coulda been scared. Now how would those look? What you want them to do, make up who plays who mid season?

MLB ERA

I mean the schedules aren't necessarily fair when you compare one AL team to another AL team. They don't usually play the same teams for all of interleague play. Perhaps I should have said unbalanced?

Did you read my post?

How can you say its unfair?

Say the Yankees are playing the Brewers, and the Sox are playing the Cards.. at the same time. Before this season started, you would have said advantage Yankees. Now you'd say advantage Sox. The schedules can never be fair, unless every team plays every team in interleague play

MLB ERA

yes, I read your post. Did you read mine? My statement was in reference to the many people that say the schedule is unfair. It'll never be perfect and that's the way it is. That was my point (that it would never be equal). When did I say "when you look at the schedule before the season starts..." That has nothing do with it. The way teams play during the current year is what matters. The games aren't played based on last year and I never said they were.