Thread: Baltimore's Series and Some General Thoughts

Baltimore's Series and Some General Thoughts

-Taking one of the first two isn't bad. I would have loved to have taken the Burres matchup, but the hits just fell in the wrong places, where they fell in the right places today.

-Hope the Sox can give Beckett another win tommorow to take the series

-There is nothing legitimate to complain about right now, they are 7 games ahead in the AL East, which could be necessary for when the Yankees inevitably heat up and the Jays get healthy. The Sox are firing on most of their cylinders and no one could have expected such a start

-But since I am a Sox fan, I do have to complain. How long of a leash will Crisp get. He had a hot streak of a few games, and he is a stunningly good defensive player, but his offense is simply a black hole for the Sox. I mean, Lugo and Pedroia haven't been tearing the cover off the ball, and WMP is a defensive disaster, but his OPS is below .600 and is really the only offensive waste in the lineup. He's talented, but he's in Brian Anderson land right now.

-Pitching wise, I just hope Lester gets back soon so Tavarez isn't forced to start. He's simply not that good and his 6.6 ERA tells some of the story (I think he's been better than 6.6, but still).

Great start and I hope they don't fall apart in August again
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Re: Baltimore's Series and Some General Thoughts

What an amazing comeback yesterday. They convinced me to order the 2004 WS Collector's Set off of Amazon where they had it half off today (and only today). Woohoo for being poor after purchases.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.