Thread: Manny hits his 400th, but Sox drop 2 of 3 to Mariners

Manny hits his 400th, but Sox drop 2 of 3 to Mariners

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2060986

SEATTLE -- Boston's Manny Ramirez hit his 400th career home run Sunday, a three-run shot in the fifth inning off Seattle starter Gil Meche.

Ramirez is the 39th player in major league history to reach 400 homers, and just the fifth to reach the mark in a Red Sox uniform. The others were Jimmie Foxx, Ted Williams, Carl Yastrzemski and Andre Dawson.

Good for Manny, I personally think it's pretty amazing how unappreciated he is in the realm of the game. He's a defensive klutz and pretty slow, but he's an elite hitter in baseball and a good guy to boot. Good for him.

Now the Sox need to get on track again v. Oakland with Arroyo going tonight.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Yes Manny is a good player but all I have heard is Manny is already a HOFer. I am sorry but not yet. I think he will be a first ballot guy when his career is done but til then, hush. Congrats to Manny on number 400. I am sure we will will see 500 in a couple of seasons.

MLB ERA
    Congrats to Manny. Even though I hate your guts.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM