Thread: One's perspective of Manny

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

One's perspective of Manny

I thought this was entertaining. I figured you all would have something to say about it. So here it is:

Why I Love Manny Ramirez

First off I don't give a rats ass if he shows up in camp on time. Camp is for guys who need the work. Doug Mirabelli could come to camp the day the season ends and he won't hit like Manny. I don't mean to pick on Doug, just an example.

Secondly, I don't care if Manny asks to be traded once or twice a year. He still puts up more RBIs than the happy to be here players.

Third, I don't buy the fielding knocks. No, he's no Yaz out there, but Yaz doesn't have any World Series MVP hardware on his mantle. (Maybe if had quit smoking while playing?) Manny has made some great throws, and his fielding while slightly below league average impacts very little.

OK, so here is what I love. The guy delivers every year, with great average, a bag full of long balls and a boat load of RBIs. He plays the game with a smile on his face and has a great relationship with Big Papi. Keeping Papi hapi is a good thing, don't underestimate it. At the end of each season this hall of famer is the most consistent Red Sox ever from a numbers perspective. And even after 14 seasons, he is still the deadliest right handed batter in the game.

So to all you putzes out there who knock Manny, come up with some stats to prove your argument. And please not the "his act has grown tired argument". When he bats 193 with 25 RBIs, give us a call and we will make him the goat of the week. (oh, sorry those are Mirabelli's stats last year)

For now Manny is our athlete of the week and perhaps the last decade!

Welcome to camp Manny!
    http://uwritesports.com/#athlete

MLB ERA
    Nice find there REDSR because I been a Manny fan since his Indian days, and I myself dont care if he's late, bottom line is he produces year in year out, and he is no cancer to his team.

Bleeder of Black and Gold BnGBleeder's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    I love Manny,loved him as an Indians and I still love him as a member of the Sawks.