Thread: Drew gets an offer?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Drew gets an offer?

According to the Boston Globe's Nick Cafardo, the buzz around the GM meetings is that the Red Sox have already made an offer to J.D. Drew.
    Sox officials didn't issue a denial when asked. If the Red Sox signed Drew, they'd have the flexibility to trade either Coco Crisp or Wily Mo Pena. They could potential keep both, but they do need bullpen help and subtracting an outfielder might be the key to getting it.
    Ramirez, Crisp and Drew would make for a pretty good OF. Sox shouldn't give up on Crisp so easily but looks like they might. I thought they would have learned their lesson with Renteria.

I maintain Renteria wouldn't be nearly as good in Boston as he was in Atlanta, at least not in 2006.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I agree that Renteria is a NL guy but I know he could have done better than Gonzalez and Cora given another year to get used to the AL. Crisp doesn't have that excuse but wouldn't give up on him.

I give Crisp more slack since he was pretty ailing most of the year.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I thought the Sox weren't going to have a lot of money this off-season? And now they're supposedly after to expensive guys? Where did this money come from?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Why is Theo always after the players I want? Nah, the Reds don't need a high end player like Drew, set us up with Luis Gonzalez and our offense goes from pretender to contender (not to mention the huge defensive upgrade he would be).

But seriously, and this would never happen, if the Red Sox sign Drew I demand they trade Mo Mo back to the Reds so we can trade him and Phillips at the deadline for a god-awful package.