Thread: Papa Jack's Letter to the Fans

Papa Jack's Letter to the Fans

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/...=.jsp&c_id=bos

For those who do not know, the Red Sox let go pitching coach Dave Wallace and hitting coach Ron Jackson. Many people thought Wallace would be gone after the subpar performance by pitchers and with Wallace's health, but Papa Jack's departure was surprising. Basically, the Sox offense (due to both talent and teaching) was one of the best in baseball over the past few years, and although it struggled this year, much can be attributed to injuries (plus, they weren't that bad). I personally am disappointed, as Papa Jack always seemed good at what he did and it doesn't seem he wanted to leave. Here is his letter...

I want to thank the Red Sox and all the fans of this great team. I will always be able to cherish being a part of Boston's long road back to the World Series, and I loved watching the development and the hard work of the players during my time here in Boston.

During my tenure here in Boston, I was proud to be part of one of the most explosive offenses in baseball and Red Sox history. I am happy to say I was part of that. One of the most memorable things in Boston for me was working with the world-class hitters on this club, especially David Ortiz. Working with David and watching him train every day to develop into the player that he is today is something I will remember forever.

I am sure that Terry's decision to move in a different direction without me is part of the logical plan to help the team get back on track to another World Series which the fans, the guys on the team, and the whole organization deserve.

Boston is a great sports city, and I have every confidence the ownership and management will create a combination of players that will work together to win again.

Thank you for sharing some of these important memories in life with me over the past four seasons.

I will miss you all.

Ron "Papa Jack" Jackson

He also said that he's disappointed that he has to leave, as am I.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Sounds like a great candidate for teh Reds opening for the hitting coach job. This guy has got to have a list of teams inquiring about him. He would be a much better fit than that dude from Milwaukee.

Sounds like a class act. A great guy with that ability is sure to help any organization. Tough loss BoSox fans.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He's my top "realistic" pick (since I doubt we could snag the Rangers hitting coach who makes a ton) as I posted on the Chambliss thread, but given Krivsky's mind, I highly doubt it.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I don't think Jackson will come cheap either. Anyone know what is '06 contract was?