Thread: Who should be taking curtain calls tommorrow?

Who should be taking curtain calls tommorrow?

Well, one game left and you can't help but wonder who is coming back, and who isn't. In your eyes, which players won't be back next year and should be saying good bye to the Fenway faithful tommorrow. Here's what I think of a few guys.

Mark Loretta- I think he's done, I wish they'd keep him though, I don't think Pedroia is the answer yet.

Alex Gonzalez- I think he will be back. I'd rather see him go though, and the Sox pick up somebody a little more consistent offensively without giving up a lot of D.

Trot Nixon- My favorite player for the last 5 years. I think he's playing his last game as a Red Sox for a while tommorrow, he may be back later in his career, but I just don't see a spot for him anymore. He's expendable, Wily Mo deserves everyday at bats. Unless he's willing to accept a backup role, and I'm not talkign platoon, and a much lower salary they should show him the door. I expect him to depart, and regretfully think it's for the best.

Tim Wakefield- They'll pick up his option, but I wish they wouldn't. Only because the Yankees have started stealing on him left and right, and because they need to get rid of Mirabelli, he sucks!!! When Varitek went down, the team was screwed because Mirabelli stinks, so we went out and got a worse player in Javy Lopez. Wakefield and Nixon are great teammates and very professional, but their roster spots could be used more wisely.

Manny- I expect him back, and he'd better be unless it's an overwhelming deal. He's the key to the whole lineup IMO.

Mike Timlin- Unsure if he'll be back, he needs to retire. This season it was obvious the tank is running on fumes.

Guys I'd love to see moved, but I seriously doubt there's little or no chance.... Clement, the already mentioned Mirabelli, GABE KAPLER (he's awful, couldn't even cut it in Japan, nobody wants him, except the Sox)

I couldn't agree more, I know Nixon won't be back because he (justifiably) wants to start.

At least they won.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.