Thread: Papelbon hert!

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Papelbon hert!

Jonathan Papelbon left Friday's game in the ninth inning with an apparent right shoulder injury.
    Papelbon was working on a third straight day after throwing an inning with the Red Sox down by five runs on Wednesday. Maybe that had nothing to do with it, but the stupid usage pattern certainly couldn't have helped. The Red Sox will have to hope he merely strained a biceps or triceps muscle. If he's done for the year, Keith Foulke could close. He's throwing better than Mike Timlin. Sep. 1 - 9:58 pm et

The Sox really can't afford to lose Papelbon when they're throwing some of these guys out there
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

I think we need to just accept that this season is over for the Red Sox and not let our wounded heal properly. If Papelbon has any type of injury at all, they need to shelve him the rest of the year, along with the likes of Manny and Varitek and anybody else who they are considering playing while injured. The Red Sox are out of the race, both races, wild card and division, the season ended when the Yankees beat our guts out for 5 games!!!!!!!

AA ERA
    I agree with you Lance, let our big guys rest up and heal properly in order to prevent a minor injury from getting aggravated and turning into something more serious. I have said it before myself, once we got swept by the Yankees in that 5 game series, our playoff hopes went down the drain.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett