Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7/9/06: Sox trying to sweep Sox

And it's mercifully over. I wanted to win...but I'm not sure if I could handle a 20th inning with Jason Johnson
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Jesus Christ, fellas. 19 innings? Goddamn.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Still, Fisher..imagine this being in the ALDS...and you lost.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

If this were a playoff game, I'd deal with 10 innings of Jason Johnson to win.

MLB ERA
    Well, that was a marathon of a game. I'm sure every interested party was glad when it was over, regardless of the outcome. I would've been disappointed with a loss, but even if the White Sox had lost, I'd've still been glad that the game was over.

The Bad from this game: One team had to lose.

The Good from it: My team won.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    I was just watching the highlights on SportsCenter and the Sox should of won that game. Dye, didn't touch 3rd going to 2nd. White Sox player running to 2nd interfered with a double play.

One crazy game.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DravenX
    I was just watching the highlights on SportsCenter and the Sox should of won that game. Dye, didn't touch 3rd going to 2nd. White Sox player running to 2nd interfered with a double play.

One crazy game.
    Which Sox are you talking about?

MLB ERA
    I dunno, fotgot which player. I'm sure you guys will see it on SportsCenter.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DravenX
    Dye, didn't touch 3rd going to 2nd.
    huh? I would hope not...

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    huh? I would hope not...
    What he's talking about: in the 11th inning, the White Sox had the bases loaded, 0 out, and were down by 1 with Joe Crede batting. Crede hit a low line drive to right that looked like a single, Dye read it as a single, and was on 3rd base when Trot Nixon caught the ball. It appears as though Dye rounded the base, although if he did, it was unintentional, and was noticed by no one on the field, and he didn't tag 3rd on his way back to 2nd. The Red Sox did not appeal.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

It was a weird play.

Scenario: Bases loaded, 0 outs, 5-4 I believe. I think that was the scenario.

Crede shoots a ball to RF which is caught by Trot Nixon (it was a tough play). Now, Dye rounded third base when he was originally at second. Whether he tagged from second or was running off the hit of the bat I don't know. However, he saw that Gload wasn't running home, rather stuck between home and third and going back to third to tag up. So Dye ran back, but he didn't tag third base on the way back. So technically, he missed a base and I think, if the Sox appealed, he would have been out. He didn't appeal and I made this sound really confusing, because it was.

The slide was questionable. He was out of the baseline, but I think he could he touched the bag with his hand. However, my qualm was that he didn't slide til the very end, and that he couldn't have gotten to the base. Still, the ump made the right no-call there

OK, Dam explained it infinitely better than me. Although I am 99% sure he rounded the base and was looking home, and then saw Gload, so he just undercut the base going back to second. Of course, the RSox failed to appeal, so it doesn't matter

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    ok, that makes more sense...I figured it must have been a case where he failed to tag going back, but without "back" I wasn't sure if that was what he meant or if he got it backwards and meant he missed 2nd going to 3rd...oh well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12