Thread: Red Sox get Four in All-Star Game

Red Sox get Four in All-Star Game

Three were voted in:

LF Manny Ramirez: As always, in spite of a hideous April where I was worried he was losing his touch, he has bounced back to be one of the league's offensive forces. He is sporting a .309 BA, a .440 OBP, and a .618 slugging, ranking third in OBP, fourth in SLG, and third in OPS in the AL. He is also fifth in homeruns with 22. He will start in leftfield for the AL.

1B David Ortiz: Technically, he's a DH, but in the NL park, the fans voted him in as the first baseman. He is not the most deserving, but the monster force in close and late situations will get to hold first down when the game begins in Pittsburgh. Ortiz is hitting a solid but not spectacular .276, but his OBP and SLG are in the top 10 in the AL, along with being second in homeruns and first in Sox fans' hearts. He will also be in the homerun derby.

2B Mark Loretta: The surprise selection may not have been the best 2B in the league and benefitted from Cano's injury, but Loretta is having another solid season. Loretta is hitting an impressive .317 with a .358 OBP and .401 slugging at a weak position in the AL: second base. He has provided a solid number two hitter whether he was hitting behind Crisp or Youk.

The one guy who is not starting is having, arguably, the best closer season in the majors this year (him or B.J. Ryan). RP Jonathan Papelbon has been lights out this year, sporting a .43 ERA and a .7 WHIP. In 41 and 2/3 innings, he has 42 K's and 25 saves, already breaking the Red Sox rookie record for saves.

Some fans will argue that players like Curt Schilling, Mike Lowell, and even Kevin Youkilis should be playing. But as a Sox fan, I am happy that we have four players in the game (even if five should be there *mutter mutter*) and will enjoy seeing them in Pittsburgh. Maybe Ortiz will launch one into the river.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Oh, and as the Sox forum mod, please vote for Travis Hafner or Francisco Liriano (preferably Hafner) for final vote. Please?
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Are they doing that world homerun derby setup again?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA
    I can't believe Schilling isn't starting the all-star game. Ozzie Guillen needs to pull his head out of his bung hole! I'm happy to see some of our guys there, and I'm glad Ichiro is starting instead of Damon, lol. I think Damon started last year.

I wonder who will bat second... I hope Ortiz and Manny go back-to-back again, lol.

I hope the home run derby isn't that world thing again. I want it to be the top 10 home run hitters or whatever it normally is.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    ESPN says that according to Francona Manny won't be going to the game.

Rookie
    Rookie ERA
    Manny not playing blows meaning that another White Sox player will be in the game. I actually heard from somewhere that if anyone gets injured, Ozzie wants Joe Crede as an all-star. Gheysauce.

Rookie ERA
    Ozzie would like to have his whole team on the field, wouldn't he...