Thread: Foulke To DL; Timlin Activated

Red Sox Foulke To DL; Timlin Activated

BOSTON (AP) -- The Boston Red Sox placed reliever Keith Foulke on the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday and activated Mike Timlin.

Foulke, who is 2-1 with a 5.63 ERA in 29 appearances with the Red Sox this season, went on the DL retroactive to Monday. He had an MRI on his elbow on Tuesday and manager Terry Francona said he expected to have the results back on Wednesday. Right now, the team is calling Foulke's injury elbow tendinitis.

"I have a feeling that it's been developing," Francona said before the Red Sox opened a three-game series in Minnesota against the Twins. "He didn't say anything to anybody, but my guess is that it's been bothering him on and off. That's just my guess. I don't think these types of things just creep up after an inning."

Timlin was put on the disabled list on May 26 with a right shoulder strain after going 3-0 with a 1.40 ERA in 21 appearances this season.

"Getting Timlin back will really help," Francona said. "It gives us a couple guys at the end you can kind of point to. He's been so consistent -- you know what you're getting, which is huge."

Boston also recalled right-hander Jermaine Van Buren from Triple-A Pawtucket and sent right-hander David Pauley to Pawtucket after Sunday's game.

Van Buren is 1-0 with a 6.23 ERA in five relief appearances with the Red Sox and 2-0 with a 1.47 ERA and seven saves in Pawtucket.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Foulke looks done. He's had so many elbow problems throughout his career, and the past year and a half have really compounded the problems. Foulke, who has always been a soft tosser, has now lost most of his velocity, and his change looks just like his fastball. I hate to say it, but it is the end of the line for Foulke.

Timlin back should help greatly. Despite being 38, Timlin has had a great season so far, and is a great setup man for Jon Papelpon. Lets just hope he can pick up his consistancy where he left off.

Foulke has been so disappointing since coming to the Red Sox. He's either been injured or didn't have a good season and has blown it. Whenever he gets off the DL, trade him Boston! As for Timlin, good to see a experienced pitcher coming back for Boston.

Well, Foulke may have hurt his career for that postseason run, and I think most Sox fans would have him do it again.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxRock
    Foulke has been so disappointing since coming to the Red Sox. He's either been injured or didn't have a good season and has blown it. Whenever he gets off the DL, trade him Boston! As for Timlin, good to see a experienced pitcher coming back for Boston.
    Foulke has not been disappointing since coming to the Sox. He was key to the 2004 championship team, much like Curt Schilling. I would challenge you to find a Red Sox fan that wouldn't be willing to have the team pay the last two years of Foulke's contract in exchange for that Championship. I know this Sox fan is more than happy with that contract. I felt the same way about Schilling last year when he was lousy, he had earned his keep. Foulke and Schilling were brought in to win a championship, they did that. That's hardly a disappointment. As far as trading Foulke, that's a real good idea, but who would take him???? Even if somebody wanted him, we would get next to nothing in return.