Thread: *Takes out Red Sox Season Checklist*

*Takes out Red Sox Season Checklist*

*scrolls down to #21*
    *sees Red Sox/D-Rays confrontation*
    *checks off*
    *Puts away Red Sox Season Checklist*

I'm still surprised at what happened on Sunday. Arroyo (as he usually does, he isn't afraid to pitch inside) hits Huff. Carter tries to retaliate on Manny and misses, then Manny hits a HR. Then he throws a ball near Ortiz' head and all hell breaks loose. Damn, that was a weird group of events, I don't know why Carter would go for a guy twice. Even Estes only tried to hit Clemens once after the whole Piazza/Clemens thing. Ortiz looked like he was ready to kill Carter, clearly roid rage.

Well, I'm glad they're out of Tampa. Chen/Wells Part Deux. Game on! While I'm not here, I'm working tonight, good times.

I am very amused of the running feud over the years between the RedSox and lowly D-Rays. I remember Pedro talking trash...probably more than he ever did vs the Yankees.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    did you see sportscenter this morning? They played an audio clip of the D-Rays announcer during the 2nd brawl about Schilling running out there. He said something like..."there's schilling running his mouth again...that's a shocker...he's getting too old for this...he threw down his walker and tried to get in the middle of the brawl"

The first part is true cause schilling never STFU all of the sudden; I thought the last part was a little stupid, but it was still funny.

They also showed previous brawls between the teams...one I didn't remember, but found hilarious was from 1999 I think? I dunno, but Pedro drilled somebody and the guy charged, look liked he decked pedro in the head and predro fell on his ass...

notice how pedro hasn't drilled anyone yet now that he has to hit

Ah yes, the Gerald Williams thing. G-Williams went about half way down the line, then charged at Pedro. As he got to Pedro, Daubauch speared him. And then Pedro proceeded to make the D-Rays his ***** for the remainder of the game.

The quote from the D-Rays announcer though? Gold. At least the running the mouth part.

That announcer was former pitcher Joe Magraine who is probably mad that he isn't near the picther Schilling is. Funny or not, I'd like to see him say it to Schilling's face. Other wise he's just running his mouth too.