Thread: Trot injured now too...

Trot injured now too...

http://www.ptd.net/webnews/wed/ce/Ay....Rmu4_GMB.html

Sounds like 5 to 7 days, down two members now. Sure is a good thing that Mohr stuck with us.

Looks like the Pena deal is even more of a steal considering Trot's fragility.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Rookie ERA
    Good lord is there some kind of outfielder hex on us.

Not surprised.

The lineup with Pena AND Stern on a daily basis ought to be very interesting.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AA ERA
    While I would rather have Crisp and Nixon in the OF, I think it will be very interesting to see what Stern and Pena can offer with consecutive starts.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

I'm just waiting for Pena to hit a groove and for Nixon to be ready to come back.

And I don't think they can send Stern down at this point unless he starts struggling again
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AA ERA
    I hope Pena does turn it on by hitting well against LHP and RHP so that way we can let Trot walk at seasons end and use that money for something else. I love Trot but if Pena can put it together I think it's better for Boston at the price he will likely ask.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Trot is my favorite player, but if he isn't willing to take a small pay cut at season's end, the Red Sox should let him walk. He's just too lousy against left handed pitching.

I thought he was lousy against lefties, hence bringing in Pena, a lefty masher?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Quote Originally Posted by General
    I thought he was lousy against lefties, hence bringing in Pena, a lefty masher?
    Was a typo, I caught it like 30 seconds after I posted it and edited it immediately, but I see that you posted right after me.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I can't believe Mohr played CF.