Blog Comments

Halfway through season 2 of Breaking Bad; just finished the episode where Jesse goes to get his money at Spooge and Skank's dirty house with the underfed kid. Amazing show. I love it.
    Also, loving Breaking Bad so far. Still only on season 1, but it's great.
    New sitcom "Louie" premiered on FX last night. Excellent. I laughed.
    repeatedly getting Greinked
    Greinked : To be screwed out of a W due to a poor supporting lineup.
    Finished the 3 seasons of Mad Men. Took me 2 months, on and off, not bad. I'm glad that I watched it because, although slow at times, it has turned out to be a great show. I'm still giddy at the season 3 finale. The whole move made it feel like the new Michael Scott Paper Company experiment in the fifth season of the Office.
    Finally a scene where Betty kicks some ass. I can't believe that Miss Farrell wait in the car the entire night while this scene in the bedroom went on. And what a scene it was, with Don spilling the beans about his past life. Emmy-worthy for Jon Hamm. Two episodes to go.
    I really hate Don's affair with Miss Farrell. She's a poor fuggo hag and Don can do so much better. He's slipping.
    I can't decide if Don is a giant douchebag or Captain Awesome. I vacillate between the two so often. He's probably both. I also can't decide if I feel bad for Betty or if I hate her. Probably a little of both as well. This show is solid.
    Betty finding the box. OMG

Three episodes left...
    Just watched the Mad Men episode where Peggy first sleeps with Duck Philips. WTF. Totally out of the blue there. Caught me off guard.

The scene where the British guy gets his foot sliced off because of the tractor and blood flies everywhere like in Kill Bill was simply awesome.
    Rubicon looks pretty cool too.

BTW, last week's Breaking Bad was a total game changer.
    Also, I guess I'll be checking out RUBICON, the latest AMC series about to begin this summer.
    Wow wtf. They changed the kid actor who plays Bobby in season 3. Did they think we'd not notice? Ugh.
    Yea, I'm sure it's cool in person...but pointless and boring on TV to me. Obviously, my comment about a pitchers only HR derby was a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    They should have a HR derby of only pitchers.
    Yes. I'm sure that'll get good ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    Does anyone really care anymore?
    The HR Derby is still a very big deal. People pack the stadium to watch these guys mash. And chicks dig the long ball.
    Does anyone really care anymore? They should have a HR derby of only pitchers.
    Season 2 more because the storylines really developed and got better. Between the arrival of Duck Phillips to stir things up at the agency; Peggy starting to assert herself at the office despite dealing with the aftermath of her pregnancy; Betty losing her shit and kicking Don out, who himself is still trying to deal with an identity crisis; Pete and his wife and what they would do about the whole adoption thing, only to have him find out that he fathered Peggy's kid which was a great moment, by the way; the super-creepy relationship between Glen and Betty, which is fascinating to me. Also Jane get shut down by Joan, only to have Roger shut down Joan to go with Jane. So great.
    Which season did you like better, season 1 or 2?
    What DK, no love for Kelly Johnson? Surely you believe his early season power surge was for real.

Anyway, my picks are...

AL: Ichiro, Hamilton, Cabrera, Bautista (anyone mashing like that deserves the chance)
    NL: Dunn, Fielder, Reynolds, Pujols
    Finished season 2 of Mad Men earlier tonight. Getting really good. A lot of people seem to hate Pete Campbell, but I love him. Great character. On to season 3.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast