Blog Comments

Real life?
    Sometimes I wonder. If something like this is taken to heart so closely, how do folks handle real life situations? Scary thought. Good thing we have Saber.
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    I'm not a sim league guy, but I did dabble in one way back when. I know that my first and only move was to vastly overpay for Vladimir Guerrero, at least I think I was overpaying. I can't exactly remember.
    Yes, I remember that DK. But back then, who wouldn't have overpaid for Vladdy when he would smack one out of the park from a couple of inches above the dirt?

Great entry Zito. I tend to agree that the best thing to do sometimes is to simply take a step back and reassess. I know there have been times when I would be out with friends and would check the site on my phone to see if a trade offer was accepted. Or feeling insulted if I received a ridiculous offer, fair below fictional trade value. As a GM of a fictional organization, with no basis in reality, as most sim leagues lose that after a season or two, sometimes you have to ask yourself if its being taken a bit too seriously.
    He went full frontal on this one.
    Was it Ross Perot's ears or the actual body?
    I think it's Ross Perott approved, PA.
    It's just as serious as the internet.
    I'm not a sim league guy, but I did dabble in one way back when. I know that my first and only move was to vastly overpay for Vladimir Guerrero, at least I think I was overpaying. I can't exactly remember.
    By the way, I think Singler could be a solid white Duke player for the right team. I.E. not the clippers, warriors, wizards, 76ers, and a couple other blackholes in the NBA. He's more physical than a Dunleavy or a Morrison, and has range. And is ugly. If Scalabrine can last this long, Singler has to have a place in someone's rotation.

Edit: I would say Singler is a worth a bottom of the 1st round pick. Not a lottery pick. But he'll probably be a lottery pick, if he has a great senior year. That'll be reaching, and the NBA is good for half a dozen or more of those a year.
    Oh whoa, I didn't know Boller went with Oakland? So that's now two guys who have youtubes of throwing from their knees and hitting targets. Al Davis, players on their needs, there is a pattern here.

There is something about Tebow that just was intoxicating. I know he was a system QB, but I am not convinced just any QB puts up 3 years of what he managed to accomplish. We're in an era of selfishness, idiots, DUIs, wife beaters, etc. and yet here's this guy who still has blood on himself while talking to the media, taking the blame for a loss, and genuinely stating he's not letting his team lose again. And he's just intense with everything, it's part hilarious, part awesome. Sad thing is, those who are lazy asses in the NFL are going to despise Tebow, yet he's going to continue to be Tebow and I hope that leaves those douchebags crying for the door.
    Hmm...I didn't take you for a Tim Tebow fan. I mean, I realize you covet players with a great attitude and a winner's resume, but I thought the idea of a system QB would have turned you off, similar to a white Duke basketball player.

BTW, Kyle Boller recently signed with the Raiders. Can't you just feel the optimism brewing over there?
    J.D. Drew is missing his career BA, OBP, SLG. And an IUD. Please return if found.
    I completely agree with KoZ's line of reasoning here. Its way to early to have a Cy Young race posted already. Tex always sucks in April, always has. But it everyone is freaking out over a small sample size. Not only on ESPN, everywhere. Even fellow M's fans not on this board freaked out on the 2-6 M's saying its over. I think we need to get into at least mid-May before making judgments like this lol.
    Steelers were planning to release him. Go Santonio. Had to know breaking glass over a woman's head was not a great idea.
    He just got suspended for the first 4 games. But NYJ had to have known that when they got him for as cheap as they did.
    I'm a fan of Favors, Johnson, Larry Sanders (no not that Larry Sanders), Varnado, and Samhan.
    Good job by the Jets in getting San Antonio.
    Not a fan of big man prospects, I see.
    Curtis Borchardt! Hadn't heard that name in a while.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast