Blog Comments

very in on kim dumping kris humphries for klay thompson. preferably with both of them being on the nets.

tennessee wasted alot of guys... the completely murdered tayshaun prince's brother too. thought early in his career at tennessee, hed get a legit shot at being a pro... but bruce pearl was mentally insane. wayne chism is another name, unique skill set that was never really taught how to play the game.

faried and williams are pros... williams is a tweener, who'll be expected to do way too much with his first team, and thrive as a 3rd contributor on his 2nd team. faried is just gonna rebound and block shots... but hes awesome at it.

and of course... teach me how to jimmer.
    Lmao. Hey, if he got on base as much as..let's say Joey Votto, I could buy the 100 steals.

Instead he got on base less than most of the infielders that play for Seattle and Arizona. Great guy. I can't wait to unveil the next random guy I stumbled on to via the news.
    Taveras also said he would try to steal 100 bags in his first season with the Reds. He did manage 25 steals, accomplishing 1/4th of his goal.
    Taveras' fluky .370 batting average on balls in play (babip) in 2007 boosted his overall batting average and in turn, his on-base %. Just one of many things that went the Rockies' way that year.
    1. The Red Sox's pitching staff is very overrated. That will hurt them. The question I counter with. Are the O's scrappy enough to stay around.

2. Edwin Jackson's wild inconsistency fits with Ozzie's wildly unstable personality. That's pretty much how I view that.

3. I think we have to wait till Mid May for the Cards. It is not looking good though.

4. Bautista's adjustments at the plate have helped him grately. He reminds me of Jay Buhner who was also a late bloomer.

5. I think it falls on a guy like Adrian Beltre. It would be his luck.
    1. Pitching certainly was a red flag for the Red Sox to begin the season, but it's not like their division foes were superior in that department, either.
    1. I was not impressed with the Red Sox staff but did think they would score 1,000+ runs this season to overcome their questionable pitching. So far, we have not seen this offense but this team will hit its stride and take off like a rocket.

2. I bet White Sox think and pray he has found a home. Jackson is part of a very good rotation and I see the White Sox winning the Central. I'm sure if that happens, Jackson would love to call Chicago home.

3. They screwed up by not giving Pujols his extension and that's the only way I saw them screwing up. They couldn't really spend a lot of money and traded Hawksworth for an upgrade offensively over Brendan Ryan, signed Berkman who still has good OB skills and brought back Jake Westbrook. I'd say that is an ok job considering they couldn't spend much because of the whole Pujols saga. David Freese possesses a good stick at third so the infield has more offense than you give it credit for.

4. I say fluke..to a degree. I don't see him hitting 35+ HRs.

5. I think David Ortiz will be the next one to break our hearts.
    The Media should ask the Yankees how they feel about Felix Hernandez. He was 3-0 with a sub 1 ERA vs them.
    The Brick's a prick, but I still prefer his show to douchebag Jim Rome and his "clones".
    It kind of blows my mind that J.T. the Brick parlayed his "fame" on Jim Rome's radio show into an own gig for himself.
    It was funny to hear Yankee fans call in the J.T. the Brick radio show and whine about a ".500 pitcher" winning the award. One dude kept ranting, "I don't understand it." J.T. only responded with a straight face that he wouldn't have given Felix the award.
    Updated 11-21-2010 at 08:54 PM by realmofotalk
    No, they're just going to be in my own personal hall of fame without question Reefer.
    Pettitte is a very good pitcher, probably about as good as you can be without being considered great. Had he logged one or two top-5 Cy Young voting kind of seasons... that may have been enough to put him in. I just hope when it comes to players like him, there is little debate on whether he is kept out due to scandal and kept out solely because of performance.
    Chipper Jones, John Smoltz, Pedro Martinez, Ichiro and Mike Piazza are all suspected of using steroids? Pettitte had a good career and was a huge part of the Yankees dynasty but I think he will join the list with Posada and Bernie on the Hall of Good.
    I think the logic behind Volquez in game one was that even if a blowup could happen, out of all the starters, he has the potential on his best night to faceoff with Halladay and shut a team down. It was a gamble, it didn't pay off, but I do sort of understand it.

As for the Rays, I absolutely agree. Its not looking promising at all, but I want the Rays to win and it isn't because I dislike the Rangers. Not only that, but I think the Rays need to win and convert another handful of people in Tampa and St. Pete to baseball fans.
    1. people declined in tpsl?
    2. of course i *****ed, the only two things im good at in life are drinking and complaining.
    3. nick overexaggerates damn near everything.
    4. just because they hit in the minors, doesnt make them major leaguers... shelley duncan might be the best minor league hitter of the past 5-7 years.
    They fail with reason. Explain to me how a great prospect, posting good numbers in the minors, suddenly drops without rhyme or reason? Especially if he continues to develop ratings wise, suddenly one week he flat lines, no that's not realistic. This rule doesn't protect everyone either, and isn't made to protect everyone.

You wouldn't hate it, hammer. Nick used to tell me how much you *****ed in TPSL when you lost people, don't be coy.
    "What if leagues adopted a rule where draft picks, let's say 1st and 2nd rounders only, were under protection for 3 full seasons (turns out to be 3.4 seasons since drafts are typically held on June 1st)."

hate it... prospects fail in real life. its very annoying to have a prospect die on you, but it happens. you cant just make a rule so every prospect will succeed. especially if them taking a boost, means they cant then drop below that either. tops, theyre protected for the rest of the season, if youd like... but not past that.

i would say, if a rule like that is put into place, it should be more for a guy like chris weight i believe his name is, the kid you had who put up a monster 50 home run season, declined severely, and then was pretty much worthless, within the span of a season, or so. those types of players should be protected to a degree.
    I'm going under, even without an injury. As awesome as he has been this season, I want back to back years before I kneel before Jose.
    Over/under 30.5 home runs for Bautista in 2011?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast