Blog Comments

I loved Warrior i watch it atleast once a week maybe twice. I also liked Battle: Los Angeles, it was a great movie imo.
    I concur on Warrior. GREAT Movie. Tom Hardy came out of nowhere and pulled off an incredible acting role. I loved this movie because of the plot first and the MMA second. I was angry at the end because the Dad (Nolte) turned and walked away when he should have stayed engaged with his sons and brought them back together. But maybe the writers thought this would challenge the viewers a little more and make them look at the broken relationships we all have in life.
    The Muppets and the Smurfs have Neil Patrick Harris in it.

Win.
    Brett Wallace... who must have been close to setting a record for most times a prospect was dealt? He's been very unimpressive though. For a big man, he's shown little power and horrible patience. Probably a nice move on Toronto's part.
    If Gose blossoms into a decent player, it won't be for the Astros. Wade immediately traded Gose for Brett Wallace, who's already tethered to first base at a young age, meaning if he doesn't hit a bunch he's worthless.
    Just think, how good would that Angels' lineup be with Mike Napoli in it?
    I agree you target the pitching and I would go after Edwin Jackson. Why? Because he has played under Ozzie Guillen. As we all know, Guillen can be kind of a dick. Signing Jackson would give the Marlins two players (Buehrle being the other) that have played under Guillen and help guide the clubhouse. They can give other players perspective on just what Guillen is doing or saying. After getting Jackson, I would target the Cuban defector Yoenis Cespedes. He would be quite the draw for the Latin community but not for the $60 million he's asking for. I'm sure the Marlins could talk him down. Marlins need a CFer at some point.
    I don't think "Nunez" was even a thought at the moment, he's left the team and not coming back. And his name, 'Hammer Hernandez".

Buerhle has signed now, so at least they recognize what needs to happen.
    If they signed Pujols, Marlins would most likely go the trade route to find starting pitching. They have a good farm system and could trade Sanchez, Morrison or Oviedo (Nunez). Marlins have been rumored to be looking at Gio Gonzalez which would be a huge pickup for the Marlins. No way the Marlins enter the season with JJ, Sanchez, Hand, Volstad, Nolasco/LeBlanc as their starters if they sign Pujols.
    While RBI shouldn't be used, you should look at the numbers with RISP. I like the Cabrera's, Miggy and Asdrubal.
    Runs scored and RBIs should never be used to determine a hitter's value.
    The thing I love about the Jimenez trade is that everyone thinks they overpaid but I am anxious to see just how those pitching prospects do in Coors.
    ubaldo to the yankees really isnt plausible either. they want nova, banuelos, betances and montero. and although, i still get flashbacks to me shouting that "we should never trade hughes, joba and kennedy in the same deal !!!"... im tempted to go down the same life path in saying "we should never trade nova, banuelos and betances in the same deal !!!"

unless felix is the name in return.
    I hope no one of any consequence goes to the Yankees or Sox. The rich getting richer and just pilfering other teams is beyond old. Yes, they have their own players, but I'm just sick of them being able to do whatever they want.
    These are all plausible until you get down to the last one. I know KOZ says it wouldn't happen and there is a good reason for it, the Mariners would lose their best player. Mariners have money coming off the books and have young guys coming up. With Ichiro's contract coming to an end after next season, the Mariners will need that franchise guy and King Felix is a marketable player! Yankees fans from everywhere think they are going to trade for Felix so that's the only reason I am saying anything. They aren't, not anytime soon.
    Switch Barney and Freeman and it looks good to me.
    I agree with all the picks but would have Jordan Walden over Mark Trumbo in the ROY and AGon is climbing while Joey Bats is falling.
    perhaps biasedly, but i think grandini and carsten should be 3rd in each respective category [with shields 4th for the rec in the cy... but thats why you write the articles and i drink jack daniels]. and eduardo nunez should be 1st in mvp.
    Surprised you didn't type "Hole Camels".
    "And, at some point, I will stop calling Neftali Feliz.. Neftali Perez. "

im gonna presume he's melido's son now.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast