Blog Comments

On second thought, change my pick to the USA.
    I'm picking Mexico to win the World Cup.
    Note that I have New Jersey taking John Wall's UK backcourt mate Eric Bledsoe.
    Well, then I would just swap teams with Stephenson and Eliot. Problem solved.
    What would be wrong with Henry in Chicago? With his size, he could handle guarding more 2's than Hinrich could, plus he can shoot.
    I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt
    no way eliot williams goes to boston... and henry is a bad fit for chicago...
    You never know if Chicago's new coach might have a role for Henry. Nevertheless, he's a value pick at No. 16. As for Boston, I don't know who their ideal guy would be, but Eliot is a solid all-around guard. Would you rather have Lance Stephenson instead?
    21. Oklahoma City: C Solomon Alabi
    22. Portland: SF Quincy Pondexter
    23. Minnesota: F/C Larry Sanders
    24. Atlanta: SG Lance Stephenson
    25. Memphis: F Luke Babbitt
    26. Oklahoma City: PF Gani Lawal
    27. New Jersey: PG Eric Bledsoe
    28. Memphis: PF Daniel Orton
    29. Orlando: PG Armon Johnson
    30. Washington: SG Dominque Jones
    no way eliot williams goes to boston... and henry is a bad fit for chicago...
    11. New Orleans: C Hassan Whiteside
    12. Memphis: SG James Anderson
    13. Toronto: PF Donatas Motiejunas
    14. Houston: PF Ekpe Udoh
    15. Milwaukee: SF Gordon Hayward
    16. Minnesota: G/F Paul George
    17. Chicago: SG Xavier Henry
    18. Miami: SG Avery Bradley
    19. Boston: SG Eliot Williams
    20. San Antonio: SF Damion James
    GSW is good for a surprise. And Nelson is still around. Conventional wisdom says, get a big man to join Beidrins, Randolph, and [insert NBDL player here]. I would not be shocked if they reached on a big man with range (Patterson) or took a non-big.
    Oh. Well, I still think Aldrich is a logical choice for them. And I forgot Detroit needs to go big, so they might take Monroe. Aw screw it, I don't care. It gets more chaotic in picks 11 to 30. Even NBADraft.net has already changed their picks an hour ago.
    We agree on 1-3, but those are pretty obvious picks. At least one would think.
    Technically, Aldrich is more of a bulky big man and Monroe is finesse, plus he's an excellent passer.
    What you said. They had zilch at QB, and the decision came down to who would they rather have between Russell and Quinn.
    Guess they didn't add enough to DHB. Here's my question, what sold him on Russell? I know they had zilch at QB, but it's not like Russell was some amazing athlete at QB. He just threw the ball real far, from his knees. Was that it? Cause I can't remember what the buzz was at the time. Looking back at the draft, it seems like Al Davis is picking Calvin Johnson for his speed and freak physique or have traded down to take Ginn.
    And yeah, I was amused to read that Raiders scouts would undermine Al Davis by adding tenths of a second to the 40-times of a player who is only fast and nothing more.
    I read that same issue, too. If you recall in the 32 team draft rankings, they named Davis, Weddle, and Hester as blemishes on A.J. Smith's track record. I don't hate to say I told you so.
    Well, true. And they could have used the other ones I listed. I don't think anyone needs to challenge the Ozz, he's done a fairly good job I'd say.

I read in the last espn magazine about who makes decisions about drafting. Comes down to the Owner/GMs, coaches, or scouts- they all seem divided and it differs from team to team. Granted it makes TOO much sense, but you'd think they'd try to work together. Instead we have Al Davis who picks based on 10 minutes of game film of a player going against Tennessee Tech or William & Mary. It's good times.

Also, I predict the Bengals to pick someone comical early on as usual.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast