Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015-2016 NBA Shenanigans

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: The 2015 NBA Mock Draft, presented by Hammer and Kingdom

I think he's gonna be DLeague stud, nothing more. But his wingspan is insane
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

theres a lot of tools there, but like i said, he doesn't know how to play basketball. if he goes to a team with shitty coaching, hes dead already... like the knicks. thats why i hope he goes to the spurs, hawks, celtics, somebody like that, who may be able to groom him into an actual nba role player.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 29th pick, Brooklyn selects..

G Terry Rozier, Louisville

If Rozier was 3-4 inches taller, 10-20 lbs heavier, he'd be a top ten pick. My colleague once compared him to Dwyane Wade. Aside from the size differential, Rozier's best attribute is his defense, and Wade probably has to have Pat Riley spell defense for him. I have no idea what Rozier ends up as ultimately but he has combo guard skills, the ability to score in bunches, and be Patrick Beverleyesque on defense. Rozier might be best served on a team with a ball dominant SG to help him but the Nets need a lot and they need guys to give a damn outside of Johnson and Plumlee. Rozier would be a nice spell in the backcourt and insurance if they dump De-Ron and Jack.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    theres a lot of tools there, but like i said, he doesn't know how to play basketball. if he goes to a team with shitty coaching, hes dead already... like the knicks. thats why i hope he goes to the spurs, hawks, celtics, somebody like that, who may be able to groom him into an actual nba role player.
    after seeing him and Oubre, I openly wondered if Bill Self took up meth last offseason
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 30th pick, the Golden State Warriors select Chris McCullough, PF Syracuse

This is a team that's 2 wins away from the Championship, and hadn't played David Lee for the majority of the playoffs. I'd say they don't need anything immediate. McCullough is a bit away, but he's got a lot of offensive tools. His main flaw... is being young. But he's got the frame to grow into his body. Even as young as he is though, does a lot of things well. Aggressive rebounder, got a solid mid range jumper, solid shot blocker, just needs seasoning and bulk. Warriors can afford to wait and groom him.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 31st pick, Minnesota selects..

SG Rashad Vaughn, UNLV

At this point, Minnesota has collected a lot of depth and talent. So this is a luxury pick but also high value given Vaughn is likely a first rounder after proving in workouts he has good range. This would allow them to deal away Budinger and Kev Mart, as Vaughn is an ideal fit as a reserve with his ability to score in droves. He's also perhaps further insurance given health and conditioning concerns with Shabazz and Anthony Bennett.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 32nd pick, the Houston Rockets select Chasson Randle, Point Guard from Stanford

Good scorer, but a little undersized for PG. He's as close to NBA ready as a PG in this range is.
    Last edited by Hammer; 06-17-2015 at 01:19 AM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 33rd pick, Boston selects..

SG Tyler Harvey, Eastern Washington

I think Boston will actually just go best avail, and it might be a foreigner stash as an asset for a trade. Given everything they have, Danny Ainge is sitting on some blockbusters, I guarantee it. With our draft, I think Brad Stevens got his Gordon Heyward type in Sam Dekker. I think Harvey would be amazing alongside Dekker maybe off the bench in a system that shoots a ton, as Harvey is an elite (and possibly the best in the draft) shooter. Boston's guards are more about speed, athleticism and defense so Harvey would be a great change of pace.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 34th pick, the Los Angeles Lakers select Christian Wood, Power Forward from UNLV

Well rounded game already, obviously needs some grooming, but his weakness is his size. Needs to bulk up.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The faux laker fans like them some wood.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 35th pick, Philadelphia selects..

G Joseph Young, Oregon

If he was a bit taller, he'd be long gone. But he's a tremendous scorer and Philly needs shooting in droves. Young is underrated and his all-around game is often overlooked. Playing alongside the bigger Mudiay would help mask size mismatches.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 36th pick, the Minnesota Timberwolves select Mouhammadou Jaiteh, C France

Lots of positives, lots of negatives here. Long, athletic defender, who likes to take plays off. Me personally, he's another guy I'd like to see get drafted by a team with good personnel and coaching in place, to make sure he gets to where he needs to be. I'm not sure Minnesota is that place. But they have a ton of young talent they need to teach as it is, they can afford to stash a talent or two.
    Last edited by Hammer; 06-17-2015 at 01:17 AM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He has to succeed. That name is too fun not to
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 37th pick, Philadelphia selects..

SG Michael Frazier III

I really wanted to go with Hunter here, but they have him already in Grant plus they have Covington. I think Frazier makes for a perfect backup because he has a sweet jumper and unlimited range, but those might be his only skills. He is, however, a blue collar type persona and rebuilding teams need those types. He'd be good for most NBA team benches in fact.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 38th pick, the Detroit Pistons select Norman Powell, Shooting Guard from UCLA

Very good defender, with a versatile offensive game. Gonna have to clean up his long range jumper to be a true 3 and D guy, but he can be an off the bench spurt scorer in the Jamal Crawford, Rodney Stuckey vein. Just a considerably better and more tenacious defender than those two guys. Defense will earn him a spot on an NBA roster.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast