Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015-2016 NBA Shenanigans

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: The 2015 NBA Mock Draft, presented by Hammer and Kingdom

Edit: Vaughn not Booker
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 16th pick, the Boston Celtics select Sam Dekker, Small Forward from the University of Wisconsin

Celtics have an intriguing group on their roster, with the best up and coming coach in the game. I think they just collect talent here. They can really stretch the floor, playing Dekk, Sullinger and Olynyk together, as all 3 are bigs with range. I could honestly see them packaging to try to move up for a guy that's falling, seeing as they have 3 picks in the top 33, but in this one, a lottery talent falls into their lap. Two of them in fact.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 17th pick, Milwaukee selects..

PF Bobby Portis, Arkansas

I want to give MCW a chance here, especially with Jason Kidd as his coach. I think they push to keep Middleton so he and Greek Freak continue to be a scary wing defensive combo. Jabari is coming back but will be rusty. This team needs offense and they need size. Portis feels so underrated in this draft, even though he's hyper efficient, stretches the floor, and has a great work ethic. Bucks just dumped Ilyasova so there's opportunity and need up front. Portis could be a real steal of the draft in real life.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 18th pick, the Houston Rockets select Trey Lyles, Power Forward from the University of Kentucky

This draft fell badly for Houston, who's glaring need is a Point Guard. I like Jones and Rozier, but Dork Elvis has always been a talent collector. And Lyles has fallen a long way in this draft, I can't see Houston passing on him, even if he's used as trade bait. Tremendous value here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 19th pick, Washington selects..

C Frank Kaminski, Wisconsin

I'm not in love with any of the PFs available here for them. In fact, I'm not crazy about anyone for them..except Paul Pierce not retiring. But I think Frank the Tank backing up Gortat or even playing along side Gortat gives them new looks with a very skilled offensive big that can stretch the floor and space things out. I don't like the Channing Frye comparisons, I think the Tank has much more than 3 pointers in his offensive backpack and John Wall would appreciate that.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 20th pick, the Toronto Raptors select Guillermo Hernangomez, Center from Spain

Toronto and Ujiri always seem to have their eyes and ears all over the international market. And I think a lot of Toronto's priority this offseason is going to be bringing back Lou Williams, so having a developmental guy they can keep overseas for a season or two may be the target. Hernangomez is a bruiser in the paint, with a very high basketball IQ, as far as I read in scouting reports. He seems like he's been a big riser lately.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 21st pick, Dallas selects..

PG Tyus Jones, Duke

Perhaps Dallas will draft a PG for Coach Carlisle to mold. Frankly, they need just about everything but I think Dallas is at its best when the point is stabilized. Vaughn or Young could go here if they don't feel they can keep Monta around. Jones is the only top PG prospect that isn't filled to the brim with athletic hype, but he's considering very sound as a floor general and has a high basketball IQ.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 22nd pick, the Chicago Bulls select Delon Wright, Point Guard from the University of Utah

Versatile, can play the 1 or the 2, provides some semblance of insurance for Derrick Rose. Wright is at his best with the ball in his hands, controlling the tempo of the offense, which would seem to dictate he'd have to be purely a backup to Rose. Very solid defender though, not flashy, not a big play guy, but stays in front of his man. Solid at everything, great at nothing, but he's an NBA glue guy.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

love the jones/dallas fit by the way. that definitely needs to happen some way.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 23rd pick, Portland selects..

SG/SF Justin Anderson, Virginia

This might end up being a nightmare of an offseason for Portland. So many free agents, Lillard took a step back, Batum disappeared for 3/4th of the season...so I'm thinking Aldridge comes back as best case scenario. What happens with Mathews, no idea. Anderson could potentially be a bigger clone of him though, as a really good 3 and D guy. Being on Virginia's shitter is full offense, Anderson wasn't always on display. Known for his potential as a shooter, it's often overlooked that he's a tremendous athlete. Think Danny Green meets Wes Matthews.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 24th pick, the Cleveland Cavaliers select Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Small Forward from the University of Arizona

I was tempted to go development stash guy, but I watched as David Blatt completely lost interest in this thing called depth. Whether that's because he sees how old Marion and Miller are in practice, or whatever the case is, seeing James Jones play major minutes in 2015 is saddening. Even with the emergence of Dellavedova, him, Bron, JR and Shump are being stretched too far. RHJ is another 3 and D guy, he'll be able to play the 2 and the 3, and he'll be able to give quality minutes immediately.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 25th pick, Memphis selects..

PF Kevon Looney, UCLA

Memphis needs shooters. But Tyler Harvey is a bit of a reach and I don't think Vaughn or Hunter help them out in that department. So Memphis gets the best talent available. I don't think Joerger has much affinity for rookies judging by Stokes and Adams not existing much. Looney has the ability to be a shooter, despite the size. In fact, his skill set is very much like former UCLA alum Kyle Anderson..point forward type potential that needs to eat a few cheeseburgers and lift some weights. They differ in that Looney was a fantastic rebounder and has Tristan Thompson vibes in that area. Could serve as a backup to everyone in the front court.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 26th pick, the San Antonio Spurs select Montrezl Harrell, Power Forward from the University of Louisville.

One of my guys early in the season, I cooled on him late as teams started throwing everything they had at him. He's still a very skilled big. A bit smaller, height wise, than you'd like from a Power Forward, but he's a real brute with solid athleticism. And his jumper has come a long way, with some possible range out to NBA 3. He's a natural leader too, will fit in instantly in Spursworld.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 27th pick, the Los Angeles Lakers select..

C Dakari Johnson, Kentucky

I think we might have gone backwards as to what happens in real life. Lakers need a rim protector and the only one I like enough, Jordan Mickey, is a reach. Jordan Hill had his moments and Robert Sacre is..Robert Sacre. A true center, a throw back below the rim banger, could fit in well. I think Johnson could develop into a good low post scorer. He can rebound and gives a damn when he's on the court, I think Byron Scott would welcome that. A good training program to better his conditioning at the next level could turn him into a sleeper from this draft.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 28th pick, the Boston Celtics select Cliff Alexander, Power Forward from the University of Kansas

More collecting talent. Alexander was an all world recruit coming out of High School, and then inexplicably didn't get near the playing time he should've in college. He's tenacious, goes 100% at all times. However, he's RAW. Like, almost doesn't know how to play basketball on the offensive end, raw. That's where Brad Stevens comes in.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast