Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015-2016 NBA Shenanigans

Hall of Famer
    AA ERA

Re: The 2015 NBA Mock Draft, presented by Hammer and Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Orlando would be the one giving up 133 with Vucci Mane and Okafor patrolling the interior
    Well, who would you suggest us pick? I think Porzingis makes the most sense for us. Winslow is a solid defensive athlete, which we have a lot of on the perimeter, although he's a little short for the SF position. Cauley Stein is a one dimensional player, and I don't like taking that at 5.
    TBL Washington 2005-2018: 1212-1056 (.534) 1 WS Title
    MSL Philadelphia Phillies - 2 W.S. Title
    Free Gift Cards, and Cash: http://www.instagc.com/27076

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I don't really like Okafor at all, to be honest. I'd take everyone that's been named thus far ahead of him..including WCS. I know it's nice to have a good big, but unless he's Tim Duncan 2.0 or such (and he's not), the league isn't built around them anymore. Protect the rim, be versatile, and/or have great guards. The Warriors just won game 4 with Draymond Green at center.

That said..
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 5th pick, Orlando selects

PF Kristaps Porzingis, Latvia

Orlando needs rim protection, but they also need someone to help space things out a bit. As much as I love WCS, a guy who could develop into a serious offensive weapon inside and out, moreso on the out, is needed. Channing Frye has been a waste, Aaron Gordon doesn't have the offensive skillset yet (or maybe never), which ultimately leaves the front court crowded, given the defense isn't gonna respect Elfrid's lack of range. Porzingis should be able to immediately present as a range-y scorer, if he comes over. He's also athletic and labeled as a great shot blocker, so he might in effect provide rim protection down the line.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 6th pick, the Sacramento Kings select Willie Cauley-Stein, Power Forward/Center from the University of Kentucky.

Great rim protector, great defender against the Pick-N-Roll, was advertised as being able to guard all 5 positions in college... but in all likelihood that'll be trimmed down to 3 in the pro's. Regardless, Cousins has developed into a very solid defender, and having that above the rim protector next to him should only make them better. And in George Karl's system, which made Kenny Faried a very usable offensive player, a player who compares to Faried, albeit taller, should be able to thrive and survive.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 7th pick, Denver selects..

PG Cameron Payne, Murray State

Surprised? Don't be. He's rocketing up many mocks, so much so than some think he's a lot closer to Mudiay and Russell than Grant or Tyus Jones. Denver has been and needs to shop most of the team, including Ty Lawson, who's affinity for alcohol and partying has taken priority over being a good NBA point guard. Turn the show over to Payne, maybe keep Nelson around as a one year mentor and move in the right direction with he, Nurkic, and Harris in tow.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 8th pick, the Detroit Pistons select Justise Winslow, Small Forward from Duke University

Perfect fit. A major need for a Small Forward, they get the best in the draft. I'm a big fan of Winslow, I'm not sure he's as far along offensively as some people seem to think, but I think he can develop to it. He's a great perimeter defender, and his ball handling skills/rack attacking are just about NBA level. His jumper needs to be fixed, but him and Drummond should make for a very nice defensive pairing instantly.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Who do you think is running the point next year for them?
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 9th pick, the Charlotte Hornets select...

SF/SG Mario Hezonja, Croatia

I'm starting to form a slight man crush on him (started when I drafted him on NBA2k15 from a nice patch I downloaded, what a smooth player to play as!). I used to really not give a damn about foreigners, until Rudy Gobert and Jusuf Nurkic changed my life. From what I read, in addition to being a sweet shooter, Hezonja has hops and a motor that a coach can love. Charlotte needs range in the worst way ever. PJ Hairston hasn't materialized and Lance Pants clearly should have never left Indiana. Hezonja would give Kemba Walker a running mate he's never really had before, and could help unclog the toilet for Al Jeffy.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Who do you think is running the point next year for them?
    im pretty sure jennings has one more year under contract, right? so id assume him.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 10th pick, the Miami Heat select Stanley Johnson, Small Forward from the University of Arizona

He's rising up boards, and there's already rumors that some teams are labeling him the best two-way player in the draft. A lot of his flaws are from overaggression, I think a lot of his problems can be fixed, and this move should allow Miami to save the money on Deng, and go forward with [hopefully, for them] Dragic, Stan, Bosh and Whiteside with some unnamed SG that I'm sure I'm not thinking of right now.

Screw it, in my world, that 2-guard will now be Henry Bill Walker.
    Last edited by Hammer; 06-13-2015 at 12:14 AM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 11th pick, Indiana selects..

PF Myles Turner, Texas

I may have ruined their real life plans by taking Payne earlier but it's time to get a big man prospect behind West and Hibbert/Mahinmi. Turner is raw but extremely interesting in terms of being an immediate defensive force his fresh year. But as with most players not named Kevin Durant under Rick Barnes, it appeared that he was stunted offensively. He has 3 point range. Work under West and develop, Pacers tend to do good with that when they keep people.
    Last edited by Kingdom; 06-13-2015 at 05:22 PM.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 12th pick, the Utah Jazz select Kelly Oubre, Small Forward from the University of Kansas

Utah's starting five seems pretty set, so I think they go for more of an upside guy. Oubre has the physical tools and measurements to be the prototype SF in the league. An elite athlete, he could afford to bulk up some, but at 19, he's got time to grow into his frame. He's already a solid defender, and could easily grow into something more... might need a little work on his mechanics on his jumper, but that's fixable.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 13th pick, Phoenix selects..

PG Jerian Grant, Notre Dame

The Suns should do what they can to bring back Knight. They have a lot of intriguing, young depth but with or without Knight, they became thin at the point and thin in ball handlers. I thought maybe wing at first but they might have something with Warren and Goodwin, plus Green is still around. Grant would be perfect as he's accustomed to fast paced offenses, can handle both guard positions, and is a much improved shooter to go along with his size and athleticism.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 14th pick, the Oklahoma City Thunder select Devin Booker, Shooting Guard from the University of Kentucky

Arguably the best shooter in the draft, goes to a team that hasn't had a real SG next to KD and Westbrook since they traded James Harden for some ungodly reason. Not necessarily a guy who can create his own shot, he won't need to with those two. Stand in the corner, knock down open triples. And he's a smart defender, not purely lockdown, but he'll pick up his assignments, and not be a total embarassment out there. Smart enough to keep plays alive with Westbrook's love for taking chances on that end.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

With the 15th pick, Atlanta selects..

SG RJ Hunter, Georgia State

There's like 4 guys I really like for Atlanta at this pick. I think they'll bring back Millsap so I think getting a good wing would suit them well given Korver's age, coming off injury, and not being a good defender. Hunter has the chance to be the best wing from this draft, a classic 3 and D guy that should be a shorter version of Klay Thompson. More complete player than Dekker or Booker, I give him the edge.
    Ted

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast