Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 NBA Ramblings

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Kingdom and Hammer present the 2014 NBA Mock Draft

i just read an awesome laker rumor. theyre becoming like the old yankee rumors, when we were supposed to be trading for every young pitcher in baseball without anything in the system worth a damn. this one has them dumping steve nash, with 7th pick to philly for mcw and thad young.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    42. The Houston Rockets select Isaiah Austin, C Baylor

Dork Elvis is pissed that Denver got to Nurkic before they did. I've had that pick eyed up since the first pick of the night, it just seemed like a perfect fit. Oh well, fuck em. As for Austin... he's so enigmatic, but you still can't help but be intrigued by him being 7'1", and having touch past the 3 point line. I think he's like the 4th consecutive pick that I'll say this for... needs to bulk up, majorly. Probably moreso than Daniels.
    Ironic use of eyed up.. since he has one eye.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

the eyed up part for nurkic... but yea, that wouldve been such an awesome pun if i had remembered that sooner.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

43. Atlanta selects SG Joe Harris, from Virginia

Atlanta needs more range from their wings. It's cliched to compare him to other players that are white, but his skill set profiles as a possible JJ Redick or Jason Kapono type because he is all effort with unlimited range. He can shoot, he can score. He was a central part of Virginia's prime success past two years. That's what you want playing in the 2nd unit.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

44. The Minnesota Timberwolves select Markel Brown, SG Oklahoma State

Another explosive athlete. Minnesota should probably just be collecting talent in this draft, they're gonna be a complete mess the minute a Kevin Love trade gets announced [with Boston, they're not getting Lee and Klay from GState, while getting them to take on Martin too]. Get guys with a particular great skill... in this case, jumping ability... and teach them around that.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

45. Charlotte selects SG Roy Devyn Marble, from Iowa

This is a big stretch, but we always see multiple stretches every draft. This pick, however, makes sense on 3 points: 1. I believe it's a really safe pick with his high character and all-around skill, 2. he's a veteran college grad and MJ tends to learn towards those types, and 3. Charlotte needs a wing that can shoot since MKG has not developed any O and Jeff Taylor is coming off a major injury.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A couple of picks and Sully/Olynyk seems like a good deal for Love. I think they'd hover around .500 if they were to get Lee and Thompson from GSW (if they stayed healthy with Pek-Lee-whatever-Thompson-Rubio..Deng off bench). I found the offer from Denver hilarious. I like Faried and all but him + 11?... heh.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

46. The Washington Wizards select Johnny O'Bryant, PF LSU

This is usually the part of the draft where teams start randomly taking foreigners. I don't like foreigners! So I'll just keep taking American guys I've actually seen play. Good size, pretty versatile, got a lot of post moves and moves with the ball in his hands. Could afford to be more physical, but most of his flaws are fixable.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

My kinda draft philosophy
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

47. Philadelphia selects PF Dwight Powell, from Stanford

I briefly considered Walter Tavares, who dwarfs Jusuf Nurkic in size, but given that we've drafted Philly three wings and a combo guard, and considering they lack skilled bigs, Powell can serve them well. He's like a Josh McRoberts. He has length, but he's more of a soft touch, good range power forward. But the biggest reason I liken him to McRoberts is Powell handles the ball pretty well and can pass it, as if he was a guard stuck in a 6'11 frame. I like that with all of the crazy athletes this team has (MCW, Wroten, Wiggins, Young, Johnson, Grant, Noel)
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

48. The Milwaukee Bucks select Semaj Christon, PG Xavier

A projected top 15 pick coming into the season, he got exposed a little bit. A lot of his flaws seem to be from a lack of coaching/experience, so maybe getting a shot in a pro system, will get him to his potential. He's got solid size for a 1, and he seems to be an ideal fit as an up tempo PG off the bench.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

49. Chicago selects F James Michael McAdoo, from North Carolina

I wanted to give Chicago a big man, since they need to amnesty Boozer and let Gibson rightfully take the starting power forward spot. So depth is needed. McAdoo was a lottery pick a few years ago and then everyone saw he has no perimeter skills and is as ugly at the line as DeAndre Jordan. But, there still may be untapped potential. He's very athletic and has a ton of potential on the defensive end of things. Think a raw offensive Trevor Ariza type, only a little bigger.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Well, fucking Walter Tavares. I was so going to draft him for someone, since he's so huge and what not. In fact, Chad Ford's first thing he lists for Tavares: "he's huge". But he just signed a 3 year deal for bumfuck foreign team X. Boo.
    Ted

Hall of Famer
    AA ERA

I'm praying now, because of the Embiid injury that the Sixers/Bucks don't take Exum. lol
    TBL Washington 2005-2018: 1212-1056 (.534) 1 WS Title
    MSL Philadelphia Phillies - 2 W.S. Title
    Free Gift Cards, and Cash: http://www.instagc.com/27076

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Bucks like everyone. Real wild card, even with the Embiid saga. Philly trading Thad Young and their pick for #1 is still in play, I think Cleveland still has love for Embiid.

I love that within a week, Randle and Embiid have significant injury concerns and the one foreigner that teams like the Thunder, Spurms, etc really loved isn't coming over (Porpingaz or something). The first round got even crazier.
    Ted

Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast