Page 52 of 103 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 NBA Ramblings

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: K & H Mock Draft/2014 NBA Draft Ramblings

Byron Scott's first order of business he says is getting back to defense. ...has anyone told him they only have Johnson and Davis that could do that?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

I can't wait to see Magic and Co heckling Scott every game too. That sounds like fun. Hopefully they have a dedicated camera for that

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Phoenix Suns

Plumlee-Markieff Morris-Warren-Dragic-Thomas
    Len/Tolliver/Marcus Morris/Tucker/Green/Bogdanovich/Ennis

Admittedly, I should wait on this one, because I think they're far from done molding their team. And because I honestly have no idea what they'll do with a starting lineup. Len could start, moving Plumlee to PF. I figure they'll start Tucker at SF but since he just got nailed with an extreme DUI, I don't know. Then there's a possibility they start Green in the backcourt with Dragic. I don't know! What I'd do? Trade Len and Tucker to New Jersey for Mason Plumlee and some guy. I'd resign Bledsoe. Hang with me, you'll dig where I'm going with this. Just think. The rotation includes Plumlee Brothers and Morris Twins. In fact, they could start both Plumlees and go with a 3 guard lineup. Plumlee1-Plumlee2-Bledsoe-Dragic-Thomas. Collegiate lineup. And I don't think it would be a disaster because both Plumlee's are good defenders, Bledsoe is a bulldog on defense, and Dragic has a motor that never ends. Plus they'd have a great bench with the Morris Twins, Warren, Green, and Ennis. That team would score a ton, block a lot of shots, and have an incredible amount of highlight reels. But that's fantasy and only meant to happen on NBA2K. In reality, I really don't know what they'll do. As exciting as watching Dragic and Thomas play together, Thomas isn't the two way player Bledsoe is. I do like the idea of maybe Markieff starting. Warren should definitely start. This team should have no issues with offense. Really, they should be able to do everything fairly well, Thomas can't really defend anyone but other than that. They just lack a true go to option besides the PGs. They'll contend for a late playoff spot again, and they could get one IF Plumlee/Len/Morris twins/all their rookies develop/contribute. Big if.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Sacramento Kings

Cousins - Williams - Gay - McLemore - Collison
    Thompson/Landry/Acy/Stauskas/McCallum

Ah the Kings. Forever an adventure. Downgrade at PG, then way over pay mediocrity to replace the downgrade. Draft a position that you don't need. Still pay Gay tons. Still have Williams for some reason. I can only imagine what life is like for the front office of the Kings. Especially when they have been the only team to utter any interest for Josh SmiF (quick sidebar, really, Cousins and SmiF on the same team? that has to happen just for train wreck TV). For a good time, I'd lay Gay be a stretch 4, start Stauskas and bump McLemore to SF. At least that gives you a great shooter and ball handler in the lineup. In fact, Stauskas is probably a better PG than Collison. . I also just realized they have Travis Outlaw still. I don't envision this team doing much because there is not much defense. Gay and McLemore can defend if they apply themselves but let's face it, the only King that seemingly has cared about doing anything in the past 6 years as been Isaiah Thomas. And he's in Phoenix. BEST case scenario. Cousins does make the FIBA basketball team, plays significant minutes, and the experience takes him to a whole new level. And McLemore starts putting together the basketball puzzle. They then could be competitive. But there's just too much to say they won't be a high lottery team again. Unless, Hammer and I are named co-GMs.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Thunder

Perkins - Ibaka - Durant - Lamb/Roberson/Morrow - Westbrook
    Collison/Adams/McGary/Christon/Telfair

Two things to immediately say. Perkins should have been amnestied forever ago. While I get that he's a tremendous clubhouse presence, he's a tremendous negative on the court. And because Scotty Brooks is still the coach, you are very likely to get a mundane lineup like I listed. And that's tragic. Adams/Ibaka/Durant/Westbrook/Jackson needs to be the starting lineup and perhaps even the crunch time lineup. They don't need Perkins. Not with drafting Adams last season, drafting McGary this season, and apparently having some positive vibes around 2nd year mant Grant Jerrett. They have the size. Unfortunately, they didn't specifically address shooting guard. Morrow is a nice add off the bench cause he can shoot like a mad man, and is probably more confident in doing it, as opposed to Lamb. And then you have defensive dude Roberson (as well as Heustis but it sounds like he's starting in the D League). Therefore, no reason why you don't start both Jackson and Westbrook. They're both big PGs with great athleticism. Just do it. I think Telfair in a limited role will be fine. I really believe this team with my suggested lineup would take it to another level because A. Adams protecting the rim with Ibaka is quite scary and B. there's no possible way to guard Ibaka, Durant, Westbrook, and Jackson all at once. But fuck Scotty Brooks and his one track mind. Top four seed that will ultimately disappoint in round 2 or 3 because they have one of the most talented teams with one of the worst pure coaches.
    Ted

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Re: 2014-2015 NBA Ramblings

Lakers worked out Michael Beasley. Holy fuck we're just gonna sign all the fucking forwards. Starting 4 Power forwards and Kobe next season. Shit will be great

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

"power" is used very loosely with Bease.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

a. totally on point and agreed on your thunder breakdown.

2. if we were named kings co-gms years ago... we might still have ben mclemore, we definitely wouldnt have nik stauskas. we'd definitely still have ike thomas. and we probably wouldve drafted elfrid payton, unless you couldve talked me into mcdermott, or warren.

c3. did bogdanovic sign with phoenix? otherwise id assume theyre keeping him overseas. looking at that suns lineup... they could really put together a nice up tempo small ball lineup. plumlee at the 5 protecting the rim, with thomas, dragic, green and warren or tucker. that team really does have some awesome fun potential as must watches in those 10:30 west coast games. hell, most of those guys listed there are decent to solid players... even anthony tolliver has a skill hes good at... except marcus morris, whos a very poor mans markieff morris.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I would have been down with Payton.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

mason plumlee is allegedly going to make the team usa roster over demarcus cousins for the world championships. yes, coach k is team usas coach. and yes, cousins can be a knucklehead... and thats an understatement. this is still downright hilarious to me.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I love it. Plumdog time bitches
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

plumlee is better for the international game.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Rookie ERA

Paul George. Done. Ow.

DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH.

SERIOUSLY, FUCKING DON'T!

GUYS, I WARNED YOU.

LAST CHANCE TO TURN BACK.

https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...20&h=uAQFXc2kZ
    LeagueTeamRecordPlayoff RecordDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLMariners293-517 (.362)0-0000002055-Present
    TBLPhillies559-413 (.575)20-24 (Series Record 2-6)412002013-End
    MSLTigers124-362 (.255)0-0000002052-2054

LeagueTeamRecordPlayoff RecordDivision TitlesConference Titles Championship WinsYears as GM
    KBSLNew York Knicks58-24 (.707)9-7 (2-1 series record)00000

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

I saw a still photo and have no interest in seeing the thing in motion. It's fucking horrific

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I avoided the Kevin Ware injury for months before someone snuck it on as a threadjack on S/R. I'm pretty sure I can avoid this one, too.

(And Jason Kendall's ankle...avoided that one for a while, too.)