Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 NBA Ramblings

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: K & H Mock Draft/2014 NBA Draft Ramblings

I think the Lakers only signed Boozer to keep him from Houston.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

im assuming, they picked up boozer as a trade asset. figure he'll get plenty of playing time on that team, and his contract is now being paid for by chicago. hes an asset, if he can put up say... 18 and 8 in mass minutes for a bad laker team. those numbers may seem high now, but if kobe misses time again, then somebodys gonna have to score on that team. and you know theres plenty of swindleable [just made that up] gms in the nba, that can be convinced to give up a young asset for boozer in a playoff run.

but yea, if it stunts randle in any way, i dont like it. i dont see how playing boozer at sf could be a bad thing for them though. its tanking without being overly blatant about it [except to knowledgeable people]... kinda like what orlando did last year playing oladipo as a pg. and it gets randle his minutes at the 4.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Lakers hire Byron Scott as new head coach. 4 years 17mil, the 4th year is an option for the Lakers

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Worst spacing ever. Lakers are going to be must see tv just for the inevitable train wreck.
    Ted

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    im assuming, they picked up boozer as a trade asset. figure he'll get plenty of playing time on that team, and his contract is now being paid for by chicago. hes an asset, if he can put up say... 18 and 8 in mass minutes for a bad laker team. those numbers may seem high now, but if kobe misses time again, then somebodys gonna have to score on that team. and you know theres plenty of swindleable [just made that up] gms in the nba, that can be convinced to give up a young asset for boozer in a playoff run.

but yea, if it stunts randle in any way, i dont like it. i dont see how playing boozer at sf could be a bad thing for them though. its tanking without being overly blatant about it [except to knowledgeable people]... kinda like what orlando did last year playing oladipo as a pg. and it gets randle his minutes at the 4.
    Can the Lakers trade Boozer since he was an amnesty pick up?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

ive never heard it being part of the rule that they couldnt... have you?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

"Can teams trade players they’ve claimed via amnesty or are they stuck with them?

Yes, teams can trade their newly acquired players but must wait 30-days before doing so."

so yea, they can trade them. i always just naturally assumed that they could.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

I saw some people say he couldn't be moved because of it. I can't find any actual information that says you can't trade him though

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Charlotte Hornets

Jefferson-Marv Williams-MKG-Stephenson-Kemba
    Zeller/Vonleh/Taylor/Henderson/Hairston/Neal/Roberts

They had a super good second half last season. They especially found their way when Josh McBob became a full time starter. But he's gone, so the offseason started off the way things usually go for this franchise. Then again, they lucked into a lottery pick and snagged a power forward prospect. Then they drafted a shooter (albeit a huge risk off the court), answering a big need. They signed Roberts, a solid backup. But then comes the last two moves. The Marvin Williams move reeked of past errors. He's solid, don't get me wrong. He can be very erratic as a shooter and isn't the ball-handler/passer that Josh McBob was but amazingly I read numerous reports indicating that ole Marv is apparently a great locker room guy. And if he had been a late 1st rounder/2nd rounder, no one would really care about his career. But he was drafted over Chris Paul and Deron Williams, so there's that. Zeller's development and increased playing time might actually offset the McBob loss. The other part is that they nailed the signing of Stephenson. They needed another handler and another creator. He's very underrated in terms of being able to do everything, being a solid two-way player, and being a triple double threat on a nightly basis. And really, his "character concerns" are slightly overrated by some of the goofy on court antics. What's lost is how much he's improved each season. Huge loss for Indy, huge gain for the Horncats. No one should be surprised if they end up as a top four in the clusterfucked up East. Minor note: Jeff Taylor coming back from injury could be big for them. He's a standard 3 and D wing and this team needs 3's.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Milwaukee Bucks

Sanders-Ilyasova-Parker-Greek Freak-Knight
    Henson/Pachulia/Middleton/Inglis/Delfino/Wolters/Marshall

So they'll either go Ilyasova or Henderson at PF, assuming Sanders is sane and fit enough to be on the court. I'd start Henson and let that front court block 5-6 shots a night. But since Jason Kidd likes to push things, I personally think he should go with Sanders/Henderson-Parker-Greek Freak-Knight-Marshall. Knight is iffy as a PG and might be better off the ball. Marshall isn't going to guard anyone, but he can run a team and push things. I'd just go out and dump Mayo and find a taker for Ilyasova (Houston mebbe?). They have an interesting blend of potentially gifted defenders (Sanders, Henson, Giannis) and scorers (Parker, Knight, Middleton, Ilyasova). For once, Milwaukee isn't so hopeless. They've had some lucky breaks recently, landing Parker and then getting Kidd as a coach. Plus Giannis grew about 20 inches and might be 8 feet tall with a 15 foot wing span. The Greek Freak is officially a mythological beast. I think their biggest IF is if Larry Sanders goes back to 2012-2013 Larry Sanders. That guy was a force and that guy could have won defensive player of the year. If that guy comes back, you really can't rule Milwaukee out as a late seed in the clustered as Hell East.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i like these. do more. do every team!

"Plus Giannis grew about 20 inches and might be 8 feet tall with a 15 foot wing span. The Greek Freak is officially a mythological beast. "

he really is too.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm trying to do all. Some teams have 15-20 players right now
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

teams are allowed 15 players fucko! just choose the 3 of your choice that arent gonna dress from game to game.

knicks:
    calderon-shump-melo-bargnani-dalembert
    larkin/prigioni-jr/timmy jr/ellington-cleanthony-amare/smith-tyler/aldrich

with presumably larkin, ellington/cleanthony and one of the bigs not dressing on a nightly basis.

thats the only one im giving you, you do the rest!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Cole Aldrich
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i feel like i hate him less than i should. i think bargnani and jr control more than enough of that though.

Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast