Page 5 of 103 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 NBA Ramblings

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Kingdom and Hammer present the 2014 NBA Mock Draft

33. Cleveland selects SG Jordan Adams, from UCLA

He's the most un athletic guard ever. But he scores. He gets buckets. Just think if he was properly motivated and was in decent shape. Also Irving wants to kill Waiters and Waiters has not developed any offensive game.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

34. The Dallas Mavericks select Spencer Dinwiddie, PG/SG Colorado

He's coming off an ACL injury. But he's a great tweener, and would probably be a top 20 guy if he was healthy. Good defender, good distributor. I don't know if Dallas would maybe want a more immediate impact here, but Dinwiddie is the top guy on my board, and my number 2 guy is so far away from being a contributor in the NBA, I think Dallas would be more than pleased with this.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

35. Utah selects PG Jahii Carson, from Arizona State

Utah continues adding super athletes. Carson might be the smallest PG but has a pretty crazy blend of speed and strength. He's a consistent 3 point shot away from being a legitimate first round pick. He can back up Burke and maybe develop into a Nate Robinson type of 6th man.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

36. The Milwaukee Bucks select Thanasis Antetokounmpo, SF D-League

Because why the fuck not. Also, I probably would've taken him before he got back to them at 48, he was currently in my top 5 remaining [albeit, on the very limited I saw of him. His name alone got him recognition.] I'm a mark for those lockdown defenders that can hit a corner 3, they're so valuable in today's NBA.
    Last edited by Hammer; 06-20-2014 at 09:48 PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

37. Toronto selects C Patric Young

I hope when I read that he's undersized for a big, it simply means he's just small for a center. Cause shit man, his wingspan and crazy chiseled physique say he's a beast. I think his defensive presence is a nice fit behind Jonas V and Amir Johnson. He's a veteran, he'll play tough, and protect the rim. I once thought he was a Ben Wallace clone a few years ago. He never dominated but the athleticism is still there.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

38. The Detroit Pistons select DeAndre Daniels, SF UConn

He's got a little Tayshaun Prince in him. He really needs to bulk up, he's probably a year and a half away from legitimately contributing to an NBA roster. But they can stash him this year on the end of the bench, I can't see them being all that good again next season, with the muddled mess that is this team. Plus he's my BPA at the moment.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

39. Philadelphia selects SG Nick Johnson, from Arizona

I really like Johnson. It's ashame that being 6'3 has him dropped to mid-second round. He's explosive, which in keeping with the theme of Philly's draft, fits nicely in the run and go show. Should be able to play either guard position, smart leader type, defends, and has range. God forbid being 6'3 drops your stock. I'll predict that if he's taken IRL by a team that uses him, he will be all rookie first or second team and be a factor off a bench. Which is why I'm giving him to Philly, cause they still need people that can shoot. Tony Wroten cannot (yet).
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

40. The Minnesota Timberwolves select Khem Birch, PF UNLV

Ridiculous athleticism for a 6'9" guy. He's probably going to need to bulk up a bit, to be a full time power forward, but he can be a 20 MPG guy off the bench in his rookie season, just on his physical gifts. Especially if they dump Love, and go into full rebuild mode, there will be minutes for Birch next to Pek.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Really, Jordan Adams and Ty Warren should be ashamed of themselves for not having the explosive athlete tag that 90% of this draft has. Hah.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

jordan adams needs to lose more weight than i do. youre trying to become a professional athlete for christ sakes, lay off one cheeseburger a week.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

41. Denver selects Jusuf Nurkic, Bosnia

Chad Ford has him in his top 20. So this is a huge value pick and ultimately a stash. Denver is pretty unstable at center with McGee having injury problems in addition to mentally retarded problems, JJ Hickson being out of position for 3-4 years running, and I thought Mozgov was a FA to be. Regardless, Nurkic is a MASSIVE individual. He might also be the slowest individual in our draft. Jordan Adams officially has competition. Given the guy's size and strengths, you're hoping he can be the next Nikola Pekovic.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    jordan adams needs to lose more weight than i do. youre trying to become a professional athlete for christ sakes, lay off one cheeseburger a week.
    Yeah, just think if Pops or Thib were to get ahold of him. Somehow he scored at will and racked up a shit ton of steals despite being having the physique of Kenny Powers.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

42. The Houston Rockets select Isaiah Austin, C Baylor

Dork Elvis is pissed that Denver got to Nurkic before they did. I've had that pick eyed up since the first pick of the night, it just seemed like a perfect fit. Oh well, fuck em. As for Austin... he's so enigmatic, but you still can't help but be intrigued by him being 7'1", and having touch past the 3 point line. I think he's like the 4th consecutive pick that I'll say this for... needs to bulk up, majorly. Probably moreso than Daniels.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Yeah, just think if Pops or Thib were to get ahold of him. Somehow he scored at will and racked up a shit ton of steals despite being having the physique of Kenny Powers.
    i laughed heartily at the thought of jordan adams being kenny powers in the locker room. jordan kenny powers adams wouldve fit in tremendously with ben howland and reeves nelson a couple years back.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quick google check. Reeves Nelson was waived by the 87ers in January. Tragic.
    Ted

Page 5 of 103 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast