Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 NBA Ramblings

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Kingdom and Hammer present the 2014 NBA Mock Draft

18. The Phoenix Suns select TJ Warren, SF NC State

With such a young team, collecting talent is the way to go. So I went BPA. Sort of. Warren is actually the #2 guy on my board, but since the only position Phoenix is actually set at, is Point Guard, I decided to go with #2. I'd really hope for Phoenix's sake, they consider keeping Dragic, rather than trying to get something for him.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Syracuse PG to Toronto?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

19. Chicago selects SG PJ Hairston, from the D-League

And by the "D" League, I don't mean what Mach craves. Bulls need another shooter, pretty simple. And 2 Guard is a nice place to fill it. Snell looks promising, Butler is still a work in progress with his offense. Hairston is an immediate contributor, built like a bull and armed with unlimited range. And there's not many teams better suited to take a sketchy character. He averaged 20+ in the D league. Coach Thibs might also be the best bet to coax more out of Hairston.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    18. The Phoenix Suns select TJ Warren, SF NC StateWith such a young team, collecting talent is the way to go. So I went BPA. Sort of. Warren is actually the #2 guy on my board, but since the only position Phoenix is actually set at, is Point Guard, I decided to go with #2. I'd really hope for Phoenix's sake, they consider keeping Dragic, rather than trying to get something for him.
    I love Warren. I fully expect him to put up the most random 50 point game since Tony Delk.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

20. The Toronto Raptors select Elfrid Payton, PG Louisiana-Lafayette

Rajon Rondo clone. Payton getting in transition with Ross and DeRozan will be a ball. And he's long enough, and a good enough defender, that he can play on the floor at the same time as Lowry or Vasquez in small ball lineups. He's a top 10 guy on my board, he's probably not that high on a lot of teams boards, but if he cleans up his jumper, he's going to have a long long career.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

21. Oklahoma selects SF KJ McDaniels, from Clemson

Oklahoma needs to do two things. Get rid of Kendrick Perkins (unfortunately there's hardly any first round bigs this year) and dispose of Thabo. McDaniels effectively does the latter. I don't know what his official position will be but he's going to guard all guards and most forwards. Crazy athlete, was a tremendous shot blocker, and finishes around the rim like a boss. I swear I'm describing Anthony Davis yet I'm describing a 6'6 wing. His energy is perfect to revitalize a sullen Thunder team.
    Ted

Rookie ERA

Wow. I'd be very surprised to get this far without Tyler Ennis, PG, Syracuse, being taken. Admittedly, there's a little bias there, but the guy is just a high basketball IQ player. Very polished. Had one of the highest A/TO ratios in college hoops last year. He gets to the hoop really well, has good height (probably a real 6'2" or so) and has active hands on D. His jumper can improve, but the biggest thing for him was that he knew when to take it. He's not flashy, but if you want a PG who can come in, play, and still get better....Ennis would be a great pick, especially this late.
    LeagueTeamRecordPlayoff RecordDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLMariners293-517 (.362)0-0000002055-Present
    TBLPhillies559-413 (.575)20-24 (Series Record 2-6)412002013-End
    MSLTigers124-362 (.255)0-0000002052-2054

LeagueTeamRecordPlayoff RecordDivision TitlesConference Titles Championship WinsYears as GM
    KBSLNew York Knicks58-24 (.707)9-7 (2-1 series record)00000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Big, athletic PGs tend to be more attractive early on. Ennis is better suited for a Miami type team.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

This is also our interpretation. IRL, Ennis is probably going between 10-20 and a lot will depend on a potential flurry of trades made. A lot of mocks have the Bulls going with Ennis at either of their picks, if they don't make any moves.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

22. The Memphis Grizzlies select CJ Wilcox, SG Washington

This team is total devoid of outside shooting, and has been for years. There's better value on the board, but they need to start adding some shooters somewhere. Courtney Lee was a start. Wilcox is not much of a creator for himself, but with Conley, ZBo and Gasol having most of the plays ran through them, he just needs to be open and knock down his shots.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

23. Utah selects SF Cleanthony Early, from Witlon State...errr..Wichita State

Sorry to burst LJ's Ennis bubble but he's not a need here. What they do need are wings that give a damn, that can shoot, and can play both ends. Enter one of the most underrated prospects in the draft. He'd be a lottery pick if he wasn't 40 years old. In all seriousness, Early has almost a complete skill set and should be able to guard a variety of 2s, 3s, and 4s. To me, he's a more athletic version of a young Shane Battier. If the Jazz land him and Vonleh, that's an encouraging draft.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

24. The Charlotte Hornets select Tyler Ennis, PG Syracuse

I shall take on LJs challenge however. I strongly considered a foreigner for them to stash here, but thats no fun in mock drafts. I also considered Shabazz Napier, just because putting Kemba 1 and Kemba 2 together would be entertaining to me. Alas, I think Ennis is better suited to actually succeed in the pro's. His size is fine, he's a smart PG and is a solid defender. I get a Kendall Marshall vibe, with a useable jumpshot. Athletically theres question marks, but he should be able to make it work on smarts alone.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

25. Houston selects PF Jarnell Stokes, from Tennessee

I consulted my good friend, who is a Rockets fan. He suggested, assuming no trades are made, that Houston goes PF or BPA. Well, everything I've read on Clint Capela sucks so no thanks. Stokes essential meets the bill on both points. He could be Zach Randolph 2.0 without the cray. He's not a sexy athlete. He's not a sleek, quick stretch 4. He's nothing like Houston already has. He's a throwback big assed low post machine. And he has enough of a wing span to block shots.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

26. The Miami Heat select Glenn Robinson III, SF Michigan

All the way BPA. GR3 is an athletic monster, that a lot of times seems like he has no clue how to play the game. Assuming Bron and Wade come back, those are two nice guys to learn the game from.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

27. Phoenix selects PG Jordan Clarkson, from Missouri

So most IRL mocks have the Suns drafting an import to stash instead of drafting three guys for now. It's also likely they'll be trading. Again, I'm not big on imports (Capela screams of Jan Vesely and Nurkic sounds like Oliver Miller). With Anderson and Warren in tow, I went Clarkson because he can come off the bench and play either guard position. Perhaps he can even develop into another Eric Bledsoe. They need depth behind Dragic and Bledsoe is a little brittle. They had a boring first round but they picked up two guys that play several positions and took care of their SF with scoring savant Warren. Smart draft.
    Ted

Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast