http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...ports-baseball

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. // Hoping to have his contract situation settled one way or the other by the end of this week, Orioles third baseman Melvin Mora said that he will give the club a few more days before cutting off the talks.

Orioles owner Peter G. Angelos is expected to return from Europe later this week, and Mora, who is entering the last year of his contract, expressed hope that his return could lead to getting a deal done. The All-Star third baseman has made it clear that he wants to stay in Baltimore, but would leave for free agency if he doesn't get what he feels is a fair deal.

"I don't want to put pressure on [Angelos] if he's not around here," Mora said. "But as soon as he gets here, I just want to get the deal done if we are going to do it or if we don't, I don't want to think about it. I really hope everything goes good for both parties, for him and me."

Likely a good move on Mora's part, but we all know he isn't getting 3/30 unless he does something extraordinary this year and some team is desperate for a short-term 3B until their prized prospect is ready. Still, this type of deadline never seems to work...