Thread: Does Melvin Mora know how old he is?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Does Melvin Mora know how old he is?

Hahahaha.

The Orioles aren't any closer to a deal with Melvin Mora, who is asking for a three-year extension worth about $30 million.

AA ERA
    Well you know if the Orioles don't resign him it might piss off Tejada again and cause him to demand a trade and we definately don't want to make little Miggy mad lol
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Meh, it's not THAT ridiculous. I mean, if he's a FA after this year, he'd be 38 in his last year, and he'd likely decline enough by then not to be worth 10 million. I've seen worse requests.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

I'm sure they'll decide on something. Mora is a great player. If anything make the third year a team option.

Mora is a great player, and it helps that he was a relative late bloomer when he came on the scene as a major player with the Orioles. That should add some longevity to his career right there, and he'll probably be playing at a higher level than most 38 year olds that have more experience than he does. Anyway, Mora took a huge paycut when he signed a 3 year, $10 million extension, and he really deserves this raise for being a team player back when the deal was signed. Pony up, and sign Mora. Tripper Johnson is still a year and a half/two years away.