Thread: Mazzone agrees on three-year deal

MLB ERA

Mazzone agrees on three-year deal

Long time ATL Pitching coach Leo Mazzone agrees to hop ship and join the O's as pitching coach. I think this could be a good thing, especially with pitchers such as Penn coming up to the majors full time soon. Hell, it can't hurt, that is for sure.

I am actually shocked he did not go for a managerial job somewhere, but maybe he is just the type who knows what he is best at and just wants to do that.

1st round draft pick voodoomon1jd's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    It seemed all along that he was gonna join his childhood buddy Perlozzo, both oh whom are from my hometown of Cumberland, MD.

THe O's also hired Jim Duquette today from the Mets. Another recent development is that Elrod Hendricks is done as an O's coach. Will Terry Crowley get the can, will Dempsey accept the bullpen coach job? It's good to see some change in the organization.

...shit.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Could his signing be the end of the Braves divisional streak? By the time spring training rolls around, I'll be saying they don't have a shot at winning the division and they probably will.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Braves have great coaches at the minor league level. I am sure one of those guys will step up and the Braves won't skip a beat.

Duquette is a good baseball mind to have on the team. Great hire in my opinion.

As for Mazzone, hopefully he can help you out with that young pitching, I was pretty shocked to find that he left Atlanta.