Thread: Orioles trying to put consec. wins together; preview of Yanks-Orioles game

Orioles trying to put consec. wins together; preview of Yanks-Orioles game

MLB.com: Game preview of Os and Yanks

The Orioles will try to put together their first consecutive wins of the season on Saturday in a battle of left-handers as Bruce Chen faces Randy Johnson in a matinee at Yankee Stadium. The Orioles began their six-game road trip with a win Friday, collecting 18 hits in beating Jaret Wright and the Bombers, 12-5.

Baltimore has 10 of the next 18 games against the Yankees and Red Sox, and is trying to make a statement about its ability to compete in the American League East. The offense was 14-for-92 before Friday's game, but seven Orioles had at least two hits Friday.

Chen will get the responsibility of stopping the Bombers. He entered Spring Training as a darkhorse to win the final spot in the rotation, but he outpitched Matt Riley and Rick Bauer to win the job. Chen did not allow a run in 14 2/3 innings, but he also hasn't pitched since April 1.

Banned
    Rookie ERA
    Ah we shouldve won this one!! Chen pitched really well and we hit reall well off Randy.

I sure hope Reed and Kline are the new DeJean brothers, its still way too early to be THAT worried tho.

AA ERA
    Orioles got the series win against NY @ NY.

Good job! I thought they outplayed New York in this series. Shold have gotten sweep. I like the fact the O's don't seemed scared to play the Yankees going back to last year. That will help them.

That's a team to reckon with this year. They give Boston fits and I think they can give NY fits too.