Thread: Nothing better....

Banned
    Rookie ERA

Nothing better....

than shutting up Yankee fans. 12 runs. Nice. I'm excited to see Chen take on RJ tommorow

I think RJ and the Yanks will win. Yesterday, was just a bad day all around for the Yankees.

Orioles played well yesterday, but I just don't think they will do well vs. RJ/Yanks today.

How the hell is Chen pitching so well?

When the Jays released him last season, he couldn't get anybody out in the pre-season...now he's an effective starter?

AA ERA
    Orioles are 3-1 against the Evil Empire this year. I love it.

I think the O's are going to be a pest to NY all year long. Orioles won't be easy wins for New York this year as Michael Kay mentioned in the Yankees telecast.

Impossibles: I guess Ray Miller found a flaw in Chen and made him a better pitcher. Ray Miller has been a huge pickup as a pitching coach. It's no coincidence that the Orioles pitchers became good under Miller's tutleage.

Kudos to the great start the Orioles are having. I think they will be thorn in the Yankees and RedSox side all year. If they get some more pitching...who knows how far they could go.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibles
    How the hell is Chen pitching so well?

When the Jays released him last season, he couldn't get anybody out in the pre-season...now he's an effective starter?
    Chen added a change-up. And our pitching coach (Ray Miller) is one of the best around. Miller's mantra is "Work quickly, throw strikes, and change speeds"; Chen does all of those things very well.

PS. The Jays have done pretty well with one of our cast-offs (Josh Towers). Chen is our payback.

AA ERA
    Good job by the O's sweeping NY.

Orioles has outplayed all year so far. They loss only one, but that was because Steve Kline imploded there.

Orioles have made Steinbrenner speak which is always priceless. That means that's a sign of respect too.

I hope the O's don't let up with this sweep. They gotta keep it going.

1st round draft pick voodoomon1jd's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    It's a long season with lots of highs and lows, my hope is that we continue to get good starting pitching and silence all of the critics who said were have terrible starters and read that in their pre spring training baseball mags, a few more weeks of this and maybe, just maybe people will start to formulate "THIER OWN" opinion and not just mindlessly repeat the general consensus.

MLB ERA
    Well.. even as an O's fan I believe that our pitching staff is overachieving... but there is the possibility that most are really coming around...

1st round draft pick voodoomon1jd's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Overachieving?, I have not seen anything spectacular, just quality starts. Dontrelle Willis is over achieving, stay tuned Dave!

wow, this offense is dominating...at least 5 starters hitting 300+ i believe