Thread: Lord of the Shotglasses to the West Coast?

Lord of the Shotglasses to the West Coast?

Gammons is saying that the Orioles have agreed to send Sir Sidney Ponson to San Diego for Phil Nevin.

And from Rotoworld

As the Orioles continue to try to land A.J. Burnett, they're shopping Sidney Ponson around to clear salary.
    In one scenario, Ponson and part of the $15 million he's owed through next season would head to the Devil Rays for a mid-level player. There's also talk of a Ponson-for-Phil Nevin swap, though Nevin has a no-trade clause and has indicated in the past that he has little interest in waiving it. The Orioles and Rangers have also discussed Ponson, with Richard Hidalgo perhaps heading the other way.

The key is getting Nevin to move from a division leader to the team that could be the third wheel in a two-playoff team (max) division. Nevin refused to go to the Reds so they could get KGJ, so who knows.

Would losing Ponson be that bad though?
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

1st round draft pick voodoomon1jd's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    I don't think Nevin is an upgrade at first base, I agree with dumping Ponson if there is a team gullable enough to take him. IT's a catch 22, I didn't think there was a player in the big leagues with more strikeouts than Sosa, but they seemed to have a target on one named Nevin.

Burnett is steadfast in his posistion of wanting to test the free agent market this offseason, I don't see the O's gettin him, or any other team for that fact, unless they can persuade him to sing an extension.

The O's have lost 5 in a row and were just swept by the Devil Rays, and get this Sosa is pretty much the only one hitting during that streak, scary! Texas is coming in today, they scare the hell out of mel, they could score 20 runs a night. Still the birds are only 3 1/2 back in the east, if they can somehow turn it around, they could still make some noise, but as of now, they are doing there usual July/august fade and it's not even August yet.