Thread: Burnett AND Lowell???

MLB ERA

Burnett AND Lowell???

It's expected that any deal with the Orioles would involve sending the Marlins pitching prospect Hayden Penn, right-handed reliever Jorge Julio and outfielder Larry Bigbie. The Orioles also could throw in left-handed reliever Steve Kline.
    While I like Burnett, a LOT... Penn, IMHO, is our top prospect and destined to be probably an All Star caliber starter... the rest are expendable

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Gammons made it sound like it is basically a done deal. Lowell would play first and Mora would stay at third. But we all know how Gammons is, 50/50.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I wish he'd get dealt now, the rumors are becoming annoying.
    By next week, he'll be rumored to be going to the Columbus for Rick Nash.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

1st round draft pick voodoomon1jd's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    I'd love to have Burnett in the rotation, his health scares me a little but I'd still take him. I hate to see Bigbie go but maybe I am just being a homer here thinking he is better than he is/will be. Lowell is Wayyyyyy overpaid and I hate to see us overpay for his meager stats, we already have one of those playing right field. But it always helps to have a veteran right handed option not named Gomez for first base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoomon1jd
    I'd love to have Burnett in the rotation, his health scares me a little but I'd still take him. I hate to see Bigbie go but maybe I am just being a homer here thinking he is better than he is/will be. Lowell is Wayyyyyy overpaid and I hate to see us overpay for his meager stats, we already have one of those playing right field. But it always helps to have a veteran right handed option not named Gomez for first base.
    This is really the first time Lowell has struggled greatly, and neither is he on the downside of his career. Maybe he's not worth his current contract, but at this point I'd bank on him re-discovering himself as opposed to Sosa doing so.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

I've heard people think that Lowell won't return to his old glory, but if you're Baltimore, I think you have to make this trade and extend Burnett's deal. They are not far away from the NY and BOS talent levels, and if you can make Burnett and Bedard (beastly) your 1-2 punch with guys like Lopez backing them up, the Orioles are dangerous and I fear them.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

From what I am hearing, the only hold up is how much of the money FLA is paying on Lowell's deal.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I have a sense that Baltimore has blown this deal. If they wanted to contend this year they should have made this deal already. They haven't and the Marlins are looking for other teams to talk to. Find a way to deal with Lowell and quick.

I think Reefer may be right. I keep hearing the O's are out of it now and the Burnett sweepstakes has two contenders in the Sox. White Sox (Marte and McCarthy) and Red Sox (Arroyo and Sanchez). If the cost for Burnett is Arroyo and Anibal Sanchez...I'm not sure I really want A.J.

1st round draft pick voodoomon1jd's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    I don't blame the front office for not giving up a host of players for 2 months worth of Burnett, as he maintains he WILL TEST FREE AGENCY this off season regardless.

Yah. This deal seemed like it was going to get done a couple days ago. Now, the more I read seems like Burnett is not going anywhere and Florida is stuck with Lowell's contract.