Vladimir Guerrero told Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun that he hopes to play two or three more seasons.
Guerrero, 36, is just three away from tying Julio Franco for the all-time Dominican hits record and one home run away from 450 for his career, but he hopes to build on those numbers over the next couple of seasons. "I feel I can play two or three more years," said Guerrero. "And I just need to work a little harder this offseason when I go to the Dominican and see what happens." As opposed to last season, Vlad has enjoyed a solid second half, but his .421 slugging percentage and .741 OPS are both career-lows. He will almost certainly have to accept one-year deals until calling it a career.
Vlad has enjoyed a nice BA but that's about it as he only has 13 HRs, 60 RBI and 58 Runs. I think his days are done in Baltimore but think he could be a good DH platoon with Hafner in Cleveland next season. He did bounce back after '09 but at 37, I just don't see it happening again. That bat keeps getting slower and slower.