Thread: Murderball!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Orioles Murderball!!

Alfredo Simon allowed four runs -- three earned -- over five innings Thursday in his first minor league rehab start with Double-A Bowie.
    He gave up six hits while striking out five and walking none. Simon also hit a batter and threw two wild pitches. He threw 56 out of 81 pitches for strikes and was sitting in the low-90s on the radar gun. The Orioles are in the process of stretching him out as a starting pitcher, so he'll likely need a few more outings before being activated from the restricted list.
    I wonder how Showalter will feel about having a murderer in his bullpen. Its amazing this guy got in the country let alone pitching again for the Orioles. I guess since he is only being charged with involuntary manslaughter things are ok.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Murderball!!

Involuntary manslaughter is not equivalent to murder. Tone down on the cheesy headlines, will you?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

alfredo simon tossed six scoreless innings for double-a bowie tuesday, giving up three hits, walking two and striking out four.
    The orioles decided to stretch simon out as a starter in the minors in case they needed him as rotation insurance. It appears after this latest outing that he's nearly ready, if needed. He still faces manslaughter charges in the dominican republic, but that trial won't begin for another two months, and simon will be allowed to continue to pitch until then.
    murdering murderer!!

Rookie ERA

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I wonder how much money the family got to drop the charges?