Thread: The Orioles are going to end up with nothing again

Give Me Some Wieters
    Rookie ERA

Orioles The Orioles are going to end up with nothing again

I am feeling that the Orioles will never get a good free agent to come and help this team get out of there losing years. They bid and match Detroit for V-Mart , but don't even get the chance to up the offer before he signs with the Tigers. Then there is Garland a pitcher the Orioles were looking at signs with the Dodgers without even thinking about the Orioles. At this rate they will have Brandon Synder at 1B and there #1 starter will once again be Guthrie.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: The Orioles are going to end up with nothing again

Well the Tigers had Miguel Cabrera talking in VMart's ear recruiting him and Garland is from LA so these played big roles in why they didn't sign with the O's. The O's don't really have a Miguel Cabrera type to help recruit guys but I still think they can lure someone there. I just hope its not another Kevin Millwood type. With the deep class of first basemen/DH's, I can see the O's picking up someone good.

Give Me Some Wieters
    Rookie ERA

I also don't want to see another Millwood type. They have been getting those type pitchers the past few years and it hasn't worked. I sure hope you are correct about the 1B with a big bat because that is the biggest need for the O's.

Rookie ERA

Once upon a time in a hot humid kingdom of the south there was a little ugly dome with a pretty crappy er,… I mean scrappy team. They were locked in the cellar season after season, no one of any status ever wanted to come play for them, they were on just about everyone’s no-wish list. Until one day the owner gave up and sold the bunch of misfits in the ugly dome to a slick business man, he brought in a savy GM and an unconventional manager. Somehow with a very bad rep and a below average payroll they managed to put together a mix of draft picks, throw aways, never weres and nobody thought they were gonna bes. Low and behold in just a few seasons they went from the laughing stock of the MLB land to the World Series,. They had the best record in the AL this season and only 1 guy hitting over.300 for the year.

Now instead of being brushed aside on the sports programs, the pun of jokes on late night,they are given as much coverage at times as the Yanks and Red Sox, the same arch enemies of the orange and black birds. They have also been taken off of many no-wish lists.

There is a new skipper in Baltimore, MaryLAND, it’s a start, might not happen over one off season but things may not be as bleak as once upon a time.

Give Me Some Wieters
    Rookie ERA

I hope you are correct.