Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buck Showalter to be new manager

Re: Buck Showalter to be new manager

I just basically made the distinction the both The Yankees and Red Sox the past several years have been in the running and I am getting tired of the same old.

Give Me Some Wieters
    Rookie ERA

In 2011 I still see the Rays being the top of the division with an improvement from the 2010 injury prone Red Sox, but the aging Yankees I see slipping a bit giving the Orioles a chance to move even as high as 3rd place in 2011.

MLB ERA

Orioles have a solid young core, but could probably use a top of the line SP. On the bright side, knowing Buck Showalter's history, they just have to wait till the year after he's let go, then they're guaranteed to win a WS

Give Me Some Wieters
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Orioles have a solid young core, but could probably use a top of the line SP. On the bright side, knowing Buck Showalter's history, they just have to wait till the year after he's let go, then they're guaranteed to win a WS
    I think Brian Matusz has the ability to be a solid #2 starter and Jeremy Guthrie is a good middle of the rotation guy. This leaves Arietta and Bergesen at the bottom of the rotation which isn't to bad. I do not see the Orioles going out and getting a Cliff Lee type A guy, but getting a guy like Garland would be a great addition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12