Thread: Freel Wants Out

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Orioles Freel Wants Out

Ryan Freel stopped just short of asking for a trade Tuesday as he sounded off on his lack of playing time and the Orioles' handling of his injury.
    "I still believe in change. I don't think I fit here," Freel said. "I know it's really ... hurting my career as far as getting a job next year." Surprisingly, president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail agreed, saying Freel was "blindsided" by the team's medical staff and that he has a right to feel like he deserves more playing time.
    Freel believes he was forced on the DL after repeatedly saying he was fine after being hit in the head. After all it was a pickoff throw that hit him. Freel could help a lot of teams right now and he only cost $4 million. It will be interesting to see what they do with Freel.

MLB ERA

Re: Freel Wants Out

The Orioles and Cubs exchanged under-achieving outfielders -- Joey Gathright goes to Baltimore and Freel to the Cubs.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Has Gathright even achieved anything, besides being traded multiple times?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I heard he can jump over cars. I just don't see why the O's keep taking bad players off the Cubs hands.