Thread: O's Are Turning Japanese, I Really Think So

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Orioles O's Are Turning Japanese, I Really Think So

Japanese pitcher Koji Uehara and the Baltimore Orioles have reached a preliminary agreement on a two-year contract.

The right-hander must pass a physical for the deal to be completed, Orioles president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail said Tuesday night. The 33-year-old Uehara would become the first native of Japan to play for Baltimore.

The Baltimore Sun reported that Uehara will be paid $10 million over the two years of the contract, which also includes incentives that could raise the total to as much as $16 million.

Uehara has spent his entire career with the Yomiuri Giants. The 6-foot-1, 190-pound Uehara was 6-5 with one save and a 3.81 ERA in 26 games for the Giants last year.

The Sun reported that Uehara is expected to occupy a spot in the Orioles' rotation.
    Looks like a much better signing than the Mark Hendrickson and Brad Hennessey signings they have had so far this year. Lets see if it pays off. I think they spent a little too much but this is the O's and they have to if they want to sign anyone.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Re: O's Are Turning Japanese, I Really Think So

If they sign Kawakami... then maybe.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: O's Are Turning Japanese, I Really Think So

Good job reefer with the Vapors reference.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.