Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sox for 4 games in Baltimore

Closed
    AAA ERA

Red Sox Sox for 4 games in Baltimore

The Sox bring there woeful road trip back East for a four game set vs. the Orioles. There are some reall good pitching matchup in this series.

In game one Josh Beckett will take on Daniel Cabrera. Both of these pitcher can throw lights out stuff on any given day. I am scared about this one because the Sox bats have been doing nothing this road trip.

In game two Jon Lester takes on another young pitcher Garrett Olson. Both of these pitchers have had success this season as well as some rough outings. This game should be very interesting.

In game three Bartolo Colon matches up against Brian Burres. Colon has been very good in his 2 starts after coming back from the D.L. and Brian Burres seems to be very consistent when he pitches with the exception of his last outing where he got torched.

The Final game of this 4 game set features a Redsox Mystery Pitcher because of the iffyness of Dice K. Most likely this will be Masterson taking the hill for the Sox and the Orioles Ace of the staff Jeremy Guthrie. Guthrie has been up and down , but is very capable of pitching a gem if needed and Masterson is an up and coming great pitcher.

Overall this series should be pretty good and I hope that the Sox bats can wake up and we can at least salvage this road trip by finishing it up on a positive note.

MLB ERA

Re: Sox for 4 games in Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
    The Sox bring there woeful road trip back East for a four game set vs. the Orioles. There are some reall good pitching matchup in this series.
    The Sox are floundering, and the Orioles seem to be building up steam after taking 2 of 3 from the Yanks...but also after a 5 game losing streak. If anything, The BoSox are pissed and ready to jump on the streaky O's.

In game one Josh Beckett will take on Daniel Cabrera. Both of these pitcher can throw lights out stuff on any given day. I am scared about this one because the Sox bats have been doing nothing this road trip.
    In 7 starts @ Camden Yards, Beckett is 4-1 with a 2.97 ERA and a .259 BAA. I don't see an Oriole team that has had worn down pitching holding the Red Sox to under 4 runs...

Which brings me to Daniel Cabrera: vs. the BoSox he is 2-9 with a 7.35 ERA...I highly doubt he catches fire and holds the Red Sox hitters to under 4 runs in 5 innings.

Educated guess: Red Sox 8 Orioles 2

In game two Jon Lester takes on another young pitcher Garrett Olson. Both of these pitchers have had success this season as well as some rough outings. This game should be very interesting.
    Both of these guys are youngins, so I sort of throw out their stats vs. their opponents (Although Lester is 3-0 vs the O's with an impressive 1.38 ERA @ Camden. Olson is 0-2 in 3 starts vs. BOS with a 7+ ERA)

Lester has been streaky all year, with real highs and some low lows...Olson has just been lucky, scattering a lot of hits over very few innings.

That being said, I'm going to go with the books again. Olson is off a high, Lester off a low, both are streaky, and, based off of track record, both have histories with their opponent.

Red Sox 5 Orioles 4

In game three Bartolo Colon matches up against Brian Burres. Colon has been very good in his 2 starts after coming back from the D.L. and Brian Burres seems to be very consistent when he pitches with the exception of his last outing where he got torched.
    I'm throwing out the stats for this one. I saw Burres pitch in person, and he reminds me a lot of Andy Pettite. Bartolo Colon is not at peak form, and the O's will be chomping at the bit for the win here.

Burres will go 7 strong (3 ER) and Sarfarte and Sherril will shut the door on 6-3 O's victory.

The Final game of this 4 game set features a Redsox Mystery Pitcher because of the iffyness of Dice K. Most likely this will be Masterson taking the hill for the Sox and the Orioles Ace of the staff Jeremy Guthrie. Guthrie has been up and down , but is very capable of pitching a gem if needed and Masterson is an up and coming great pitcher.
    In a career 4 starts, Guthrie owns the Red Sox, going 1-0 with a 2.70 ERA...I say own because for the years he's been pitching, a track record like that against a potent offense like Boston is practically as good as it gets.

Dice K is 8-0 this year, but he got rocked in his only start against the O's. Masterson has started two games, but has pitched very well...

So here's the deal. If Dice K starts, the Red Sox will lose. If Masterson starts, they'll win.

Finals for both: Dice K: O's 4 BoSox 2
    Masterson: BoSox 5, O's 4

As I noted in earlier O's threads, I really think streakiness and track records determine winners...we shall see in this Series.

Closed
    AAA ERA

I sure am hoping that some of these young pitchers can step it up while the team is being hit with injuries. Beckett and Colon need to really take charge and be the leaders of this rotation right now. I still think we are in O.K. shape with Beckett, Colon, Lester, Wakefield and possibly Masterson.

MLB ERA

I sure am hoping that some of these young pitchers can step it up while the team is being hit with injuries. Beckett and Colon need to really take charge and be the leaders of this rotation right now. I still think we are in O.K. shape with Beckett, Colon, Lester, Wakefield and possibly Masterson.
    I wouldn't even rely on Colon...look at it this way: With Wakefield and Beckett consistently winning, and Dice K winning whenever he takes the mound, all you need is solid outings from the replacements/end of the rotation guys and you'll be fine.

Masterson and Lester are some really nice options to have at the end of your rotation though.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Sox take game one in the 13th. The oOrioles had an error laden 13th giving the Sox a chance to score 3 runs and take a 5-2 lead. Papelbon shut the door in the bottom of the 13th.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Brian Roberts gives the Orioles the lead in the game3-2 with a homerun. Earlier back to back homeruns from Pedroia & Big Papi.

Closed
    AAA ERA

First the Sox take a 4-3 lead on a sac fly by Big Papi scoring Jacoby and then the moment we have been waiting for Manny taks a pitch out to right center for his 500 homerun.

5-3 Sox.

Closed
    AAA ERA

J.D. Drew knocks in the 1st run for the Sox. 1-0 in the 2nd.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Sox tacking on a few more runs in the 3rd. 4-1 now.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Back to Back again. Manny a two run shot followed by Mike Lowell with a solo. 7-1 Sox.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Luke Scott hits a 2 run homer to get two of the runs back for the Orioles. 7-3 Sox

Closed
    AAA ERA

The Sox blast the Orioles in game three. They go for thr 4 game sweep tomorrow.

Closed
    AAA ERA

The Orioles lead 2-0 in the 5th. Millar and Huff with the RBI's.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Manny takes on deep to cut the O's lead to 2-1.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Sox have taken the lead in the 8th 3-2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast