Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adam Jones...real deal or no?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Adam Jones...real deal or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    Currently, Jones is hitting .253 with just 2 HR and 4 SB...not really what I'd call "All Star Caliber."

That being said, he's thrive since his movement to the #8 spot in the lineup...and he's playing really well at Camden...

So, are you all still convinced he's "the real deal?"
    Good lord man! If you put him on that pedestal of instant All Star then I guess not but since he's played just two months of baseball I will still have to say its too early. Tulowitski sucked balls his first two months. Give the kid a break.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Luke Scott is sucking as well. The Tejada trade is not looking too good for the O's.
    Luke Scott was nothing special in the first place.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Luke Scott is going to be nothing more than a corner OF that can hit around .250 at best and hit 20 some homeruns. The two guys that were from the Tejada deal that are not doing bad right now in the Orioles bullpen are Dennis Sarfate and Matt Albers.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Tejada deal was nothing more than a salary dump and to finally get rid of Tejada's attitude.

MLB ERA

Luke Scott is sucking as well. The Tejada trade is not looking too good for the O's.
    Matt Albers?

C'mon, the guy could be an ace...or so we're led to believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Good lord man! If you put him on that pedestal of instant All Star then I guess not but since he's played just two months of baseball I will still have to say its too early. Tulowitski sucked balls his first two months. Give the kid a break.
    I never said that. All I'm saying is that he's done relatively nothing in Baltimore yet...hell, he's only stolen 4 bases.

It's hard for me to tout him as a future All Star.
    Luke Scott was nothing special in the first place.
    I guess although Luke has some serious pop in his bat. As a filler OF, he's doing what the O's expected...hitting between .250 and .280 and hitting some homers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
    Luke Scott is going to be nothing more than a corner OF that can hit around .250 at best and hit 20 some homeruns. The two guys that were from the Tejada deal that are not doing bad right now in the Orioles bullpen are Dennis Sarfate and Matt Albers.
    OK, but Scott wasn't the integral part of the deal; Albers was.
    The Tejada deal was nothing more than a salary dump and to finally get rid of Tejada's attitude.
    And to acquire a decent OF, a future ace, and a guy who looks like he could close in Sarfarte.

Seriously, he's struck out 23 guys in 21 1/3 IP. He could compete for the closer position, as he's already one of their reliable set up men.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Albers could be an ace. An ace reliever. Because they don't appear to have faith that he can take over for Steve Trachsel.

MLB ERA

Albers could be an ace. An ace reliever. Because they don't appear to have faith that he can take over for Steve Trachsel.
    Trachsel hasn't pitched twice in the past 20 days...they haven't needed him to.

Albers will be there within June.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Look for their other prized pitching prospect in the deal, Troy Patton, to break through their rotation. Oh oh, wait, nevermind. Who ran his physical exam? Does that asshole Stan Conte work for the O's, too?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Luke Scott has some serious pop?? Good lord. Luke has pop but mild pop. He is nothing special and Albers could be a #2 guy someday but more likely a #3 but no ace. Tejada had to go and every team new it. The Astros just made the best offer and they took it. It was a salary dump, don;t kid yourself.

MLB ERA

Luke Scott has some serious pop?? Good lord. Luke has pop but mild pop. He is nothing special and Albers could be a #2 guy someday but more likely a #3 but no ace. Tejada had to go and every team new it. The Astros just made the best offer and they took it. It was a salary dump, don;t kid yourself.
    20 HR OF, a #2/#3 SP, a prospect SP that's even better, and a future closer for a steroid infested clubhouse cancer making too much money?

I'm pretty sure the Orioles got more than a salary dump...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That steroid infested clubhouse cancer was also their best hitter and he plays shortstop. You know, that balance of on-the-field performance and off-the-field douchebaggery is just perfect for Jerrah Jones.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

8 RBI in last six games.

Closed
    Rookie ERA

He is the real deal and is starting to hit his stride with the Orioles at the plate. He is also a fantastic CFer. He will grow into a more powerful hitter in the near future.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

All he has done so far this year is lead the Orioles in batting average (.358), total bases (75), doubles (12), extra-base hits (19) and slugging percentage (.480). He's tied with Nick Markakis for the team lead in hits (43) and runs (33), and with Markakis and Aubrey Huff in home runs (six).
    Jones is looking more and more like the real deal.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I hate to say I told you so, but um....I told you he was better than Reed an that the M's OVERPAID FOR BEDARD.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast