Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adam Jones and more for Bedard?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Rumor Adam Jones and more for Bedard?

Report: Bedard not interested in extension

The Washington Post reports that Erik Bedard has informed the Orioles he has no interest in signing an extension to stay in Baltimore.
    It's hard to blame Bedard for not wanting to commit to an organization that's been run so poorly for so long, though there is the potential for things to turn around now with Andy MacPhail in control. If Bedard is taking this kind of stance, the Orioles might as well trade him now. The Mets and Dodgers have engaged in serious talks with the club, and the loser of the Johan Santana sweepstakes also figures to get involved. Dec. 3 - 12:41 am et
    Source: Washington Post

MLB ERA

Re: Erik Bedard says "f you" to the Orioles

This is the guy the Yankees should aquire instead of Santana. They are the same age, he costs less money and I'm sure the Orioles would be asking for some prospects but not as much as the Twins. I would love to see Bedard in pinstripes.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Perhaps the Orioles would be so kind as to not ask for precious Melky Cabrera in a trade.

MLB ERA

Hopefully not, Melky Cabrera is god!
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

come back to Canada Erik!!!

although the way he pitches would put the whole stadium asleep
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Why trade him now? Why not wait til after next year or at the trade dealine when he would be top dog on the market?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I think he should be the top dog on the market. If the Yankees don't find a fit with the Twins for Santana, where do you think they will be looking afterward?

Peavy looks like he is ready to re-sign with the Padres, and that leaves Bedard at the top of the most wanted list. I would put Haren right there as well.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Why not wait til next year or the trade deadline when he will be the undisputed tog dog? Santana has already said he will not waive his no-trade clause mid-season. Bedard will be the Santana of next year's offseason. Besides, the O's can get talent for guys like Tejada, Hernandez and Roberts. Bedard, Guthrie and Loewen make for a good starting three.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

O's should trade him when they can.. look at what happened to Danys Baez with that elbow strain.. same thing might happen to Bedard

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The Orioles are historically bad at making trades during the trade deadline. Remember back in the year 2000 when they acquired the highly coveted Leslie Brea from the Mets and what became of that soon after?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

They traded for Jaret ****ing Wright for god's sake.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    They traded for Jaret ****ing Wright for god's sake.
    exactly.. who did nothing for us in 2007 and Chris Britton is doing good in NewYork.. O's thought that Wright would do good here since we had Mazzone who reinvented Wright back in ATL.

MLB ERA

Now that Pettitte's luster is lessened, due to his inclusion on "the list", the Yankees need to make a move for a lefty starter really badly. They may be more willing to deal a couple of very good prospects for a guy like Bedard.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

per rotoworld:

Adam Jones is flying to Baltimore for a physical on Monday, suggesting the Orioles and Mariners have agreed to an Erik Bedard trade.

Jones said he's been told the deal is done, though he doesn't know who is going with him to Baltimore. Asked by the Seattle Times tonight, George Sherrill said he had heard nothing to suggest he's being included. Top prospects Chris Tillman, Jeff Clement, Carlos Triunfel and Wladimir Balentien are among the players whose names have come up in rumors.
    Deal; is it done?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Adam Jones:

"I received a call from Seattle saying that is no more playing for me and I can't do anything about that,'' Jones said. "I leave tomorrow morning...It sucks. I want to play. This is Game 4 of the finals and I really want to be there for my team, but it's something that all the guys understand. I really want to play, but I can't."

On the actual deal itself: "(Bill Bavasi) called me yesterday and told me the news. I've got to go to Baltimore tomorrow morning and handle things there. I'm the centerpiece of the deal on the Mariners side. It's an honor to get traded for such a highly talented pitcher as Bedard is. He's one of the best. Last year he finished up as an arguably one of the top candidates for the Cy Young. He's that good, so for me it's an honor. You know, I like Seattle, but if I am in Baltimore, as I think now I am, I'm going to embrace it and have the best time of my life in Major League Baseball.''

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast